Babylonia!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Reformed Republican

I thought the best payoff with the Londo scene in the casino is that he was so scared by the Feeder that he offered to give Sinclair all the needed information without delay, without payment, and without waiting for Sinclair to ask. As the later scene with Aldus shows, that is not how Londo does things.

Also, gur srrqre gragnpyr vf erzvavfprag bs pregnva cnegf bs Pragnhev nangbzl gung jvyy or erirnyrq yngre.Report

• Avatar Dman in reply to Reformed Republican

Yes, Londo gave it all for free. You know he had to be scared out of his wits at that point.

V gubhtug gur fnzr guvat nobhg gur gragnpyr. V jbaqre vs gung jnf ynmvarff, ohqtrg be pyrirearff. Gur pyrirearff pbhyq or gung gur Srrqref qb unir fb trargvp yvaxf onpx gb Pragnhev. Bs pbhefr, gurl arire tb vagb vg nal zber.Report

2. Avatar Pinky

I only saw the beginning of this episode the first run-through. It wasn’t until season one reruns that I saw the whole thing. In other words, I went through the season believing that the Vorlon are a decent and helpful race who occasionally consume humans. Given the moral grayness of most of the races, that assumption didn’t seem a deal-breaker.

I loved the judge’s first scene. Maybe the funniest thing the show ever came up with.Report

3. Avatar KatherineMW

I wonder why Aldus talked to the other major ambassadors but not to G’Kar.Report

4. Avatar Jaybird

What I liked about this is that it *FINALLY* answered one of my questions. Every week, we open with ” This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5.”

I was stuck there wondering “what in the heck happened to the other four?”

Well… now we know that three of them blew up and one of them blinked out.

Of course, now I’m stuck there wondering “why did three of them blow up and one of them blink out?” but… hey.Report

5. Avatar Damon

Meh. I never did like this episode much. I’m not sure what the point is except some filler and some backstory. The grail? Really?Report

• Avatar Reformed Republican in reply to Damon

Vfa’g gurer n Xvat Neguhe rcvfbqr yngre? Some of the filler episodes are somewhat strange. They do usually provide good expansion on characters and the universe at large, with details that are important later, but they often seem out of place. In this one, we get the information that the Vorlons want us to be afraid of them. We get some insight into the religion and politics of the Minbari. There is some value to the episode, though that information could have been conveyed in other ways.Report

6. Avatar Jack

Loving these recaps. Incidentally, the link to Survivors in the top para (and in the last three recaps) goes to the wb online episode rather than to the League recap.Report