Thursday Night Bar Fight #4: Road Trip!
Quick Update: Please note that though the comments section will remain open, no additional nominations, up-votes or down-votes will be accepted after midnight tonight, EST.
Note: I thought last week’s Survivor-style Books on a Desert Island was especially fun, and so I have decided to play a similar game this week. Next week we’ll do the Constitution-themed Bar Fight I had originally scheduled for this week.
Hey everyone! It’s time to go to Leaguefest 2013!
Well, actually we’ve got a bit of a ways to go – Mark hasn’t scheduled Leaguefest until later this Spring. But there’s enough room in my car that I can pick all of you up, provided we start next week. The good news is that because my car runs entirely on solar power, the trip to Chicago will be free. The bad news is that because my car runs entirely on solar power, it will take about two months to get there.
My car does have a stereo system, but it’s a weird kind that has no radio, only a 10-CD carrousel. Once you seal the CDs in, there’s really no way to remove them. So we have to decide in advance which ten albums we’re going to have to listen to over and over for two months straight. And therein, of course, lies the rub:
Which ten albums should we bring on our two month road trip?
Here are the rules:
1. You can nominate up to ten albums, but no more. Each nomination will grant the applicable album one point.
2. If you prefer, you can nominate one single album and no more; that album will then receive three points.
3. Positive comments about particular albums will give those albums additional points. Negative comments will subtract points.
4. Subjective points may be awarded by the judges based on arguments made for why a particular album is necessary.
5. Important: No “Greatest Hits,” Anthologies or Boxed Sets will be allowed! Also, soundtracks of movies will be the only “various artists” albums eligible.
Well will announce the playlist on Sunday.