- Next story Whereas It is Fitting: Veterans Day in America
- Previous story Harry Potter and the Many Faces of Motherhood
Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
September 5, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 Eh, I'm one who sees fake nurses as a great way to make a compromise with the Iron Triangle. Done fast and don…
- on The Fetterman Fight I'm only five years in the Bay Area, so I kind of still see the importance of formal wear while getting your p…
- on Striking a Chord: “Rich Men North of Richmond” He will begin touring soon. He’ll have a full album released probably within the next six months.
- on Republicans Are Stuck On Shutdowns They didn’t pass a defense appropriation. Unlike the other three furloughs I’ve been in as a fed. That means c…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 We have talked a lot of Kate about the alleged relationship between shoplifting, urban core decay and shifting…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 I'm not sure what the argument is here, especially coming from you? There isn't a perfect system and obviously…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 What are qualifications *FOR*? The NHS found 700 Nigerian nurses had fake qualifications as people stood in fo…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 YouTube's internet algorithm has given me at leas two recent video essays on the decline of Third Places/Space…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.
- The Spanish-American War and the ‘Empire By Default’
If you like somewhat obscure history, “Empire by Default” is a very readable and comprehensive account of the Spanish-American War.