Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 26, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 So it turns out that many of the union members and auto workers that attended a Trump rally are neither: https…
- on The Marriage Privilege "That's what makes Islam so great! I just have to pray five times a day! I pray all the time!"
- on The Marriage Privilege The villain of most sermons I've ever heard is either me or the priest.
- on The Marriage Privilege We'll see. I wouldn't put good odds on the megachurches personally. And while the liberal feel good religions…
- on The Marriage Privilege I think we will see a lot of X-adjacent religions masquerading a X. Unitarianism for Everybody. So like the wh…
- on The Marriage Privilege It's a novel concept and it's the first I've read it anywhere so well done.
- on The Marriage Privilege I've read the observation somewhere, I think it might have been Dreher or Douthat, that the successors to the…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 Which is what makes multiple data points interesting. If all I did was post one story about the Hilton shuttin…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.