[wp_rss_retriever url=”https://ordinary-times.com/comments/feed/” items=”30″ excerpt=”500″ read_more=”false” credits=”true” new_window=”true” thumbnail=”200″ cache=”7200″]
- Mon, 12 Apr 2021 03:57:06 +0000: Comment on Saturday Morning Gaming: Hades Again by Jaybird - Comments for Ordinary Times
I have fulfilled all of the prophecies. I have beaten at least Heat 7 with everything and have beaten Heat 9 with the bow, the shield, and the adamant rail. I guess, if I have a goal, it's to beat Hades at full "Extreme Measures". And then I can never play again.
- Mon, 12 Apr 2021 03:43:29 +0000: Comment on NaN Gates and Flip FLOPS by Mike Schilling - Comments for Ordinary Times
If you enjoyed this video, you might also like a book called Mathematics Made Difficult, by Carl E Linderholm, which explains simple arithmetic by appealing to category theory. Unfortunately, it's out of print and the cheapest copies I see go for about $100.
- Mon, 12 Apr 2021 03:01:00 +0000: Comment on NaN Gates and Flip FLOPS by Mike Schilling - Comments for Ordinary Times
"What number did it produce?" "N(ot)AN(umber)." "Oh, I thought the output was a number." "It is. Its an IEE745 floating-point number." "OK, what number is it?" "N(ot)AN(umber)." "Whatever. You know, I don't give a darn." "What?" "I don't give a darn." "Oh, that's our shortstop!"
- Mon, 12 Apr 2021 00:00:27 +0000: Comment on “Better Voters” Is Not Just About Voting by Kazzy - Comments for Ordinary Times
In reply to <a href="https://ordinary-times.com/2021/04/09/better-voters-is-not-just-about-voting/#comment-3466080">superdestroyer</a>. Yea, like holding financial institutions responsible for their investing decisions. Right?
- Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:10:32 +0000: Comment on Sunday Morning! “A Little Devil in America” by Hanif Abdurraqib by Rufus F. - Comments for Ordinary Times
In reply to <a href="https://ordinary-times.com/2021/04/11/sunday-morning-a-little-devil-in-america-by-hanif-abdurraqib/#comment-3466058">Doctor Jay</a>. I'm not sure. I think there was a large component of self-sufficiency as well as an aesthetic. Here's an interesting article though about the "Black is Beautiful" movement: https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20200730-the-birth-of-the-black-is-beautiful-movement