In a decision with potentially large ramifications, New York Federal Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall won't dismiss a libel suit against "Shitty Media Men" creator Moira Donegan.
Explaining, the judge says it is possible that Donegan created the entry herself. The judge believes that Elliott should be able to explore whether the entry was fabricated. Accordingly, discovery proceeds, which will now put pressure on Google to respond to broad subpoena demands. The next motion stage could feature a high-stakes one about the reaches of CDA 230.
- Sat, 04 Jul 2020 21:35:09 +0000: Comment on The Eagle Has Encountered Customs by Deej - Comments for Ordinary Times
Very funny. Gets better after 2nd reading. Always did feel Collins should have demanded a best of three coin toss tbh.
- Sat, 04 Jul 2020 20:58:17 +0000: Comment on The Confederate Flags of Comer’s Store by Mark from Jersey - Comments for Ordinary Times
Excluding my own 10th anniversary post, this is my first comment since I retired from blogging five years or so ago. That's how much I enjoyed this post.
- Sat, 04 Jul 2020 19:50:08 +0000: Comment on Hollow Rights & Hollow Points by Chip Daniels - Comments for Ordinary Times
In reply to <a href="https://ordinary-times.com/2020/07/01/hollow-rights-hollow-points/#comment-3368036">George Turner</a>. This has been today's history lesson on the end of Reconstruction.
- Sat, 04 Jul 2020 19:36:49 +0000: Comment on Saturday Morning Gaming: Minesweeper, Updated by Jaybird - Comments for Ordinary Times
In reply to <a href="https://ordinary-times.com/2020/07/04/saturday-morning-gaming-minesweeper/#comment-3368033">Andrew S.</a>. I don't know that one... lemme check it out... Oh! It's like Hexcells!
- Sat, 04 Jul 2020 19:31:45 +0000: Comment on Saturday Morning Gaming: Minesweeper, Updated by Andrew S. - Comments for Ordinary Times
Also in the Minesweeper vein, but in the "hard pure logic puzzle" direction, is Tametsi. Depending on which parts of Minesweeper you miss, it might be to your taste.