Weekend Plans Post: The Many Joys Of Self-Isolation

Jaybird

1. Avatar Doctor Jay says:

Fingers crossed indeed. I’m crossing mine. Keep us posted. And best to Maribou, too.Report

2. Avatar Damon says:

Back on the mat baby! Yes, it’s drilling and conditional training and not full sparring, but having four months away has so downgraded my endurance and flexibility I don’t mind.

Then it’s virtual nerd fest. We’re off to infiltrate the General of the Dragon Army’s camp and, hmm…keelz him, then maybe we’ll close that rift from Avernus.

Sunday I got a date with a hot chick, so it’s a trifecta of sorts.Report

3. fillyjonk fillyjonk says:

Ugh, that’s terrible. Good thoughts that nothing develops and it’s just a boring however-many days.

“Use your best judgement” is one step away from “You’re on your own” which is kind of where I feel I am in this. There’s not much guidance or help offered professors here so I’m muddling along best I can and right now my plans for fall are “wear a mask, wash my hands like I was Adrian Monk, and try to stay 6′ from people at all times, and hope real hard no one who is infectious shows up to class”

I could teach all online but one of my classes is like 10 people and that seems a little ridiculous – they can all spread out in the room

I’ve decided to take a trip out to a horseback riding trail about 15 miles from here and walk on it. (I don’t own a horse; I live in town). I need to be outside. Not being able to do “fun” shopping or go to restaurants or see people will be a tiny bit easier if I can get out into nature a couple times a month. Also getting out into nature helps shut up the roar of worry in my head, at least for a bit.Report

4. Avatar Marchmaine says:

What’s that? It’s Friday? Huh, I guess I’ll just …

[stares into the distance]Report

5. Avatar Aaron David says:

So, last Sunday my father passed away. And this is a good thing, as he suffered from Alzheimer’s, and it was intensely sad to watch to decline.

I am mostly OK with this, but just a little sad.Report

6. Avatar Jaybird says:

I went on a jog on the jogging route that has a hill at the halfway point. As I jogged up the hill, I said “oh my gosh! I’m out of breath! Surely this is the first stage of the covid!” and I turned around at the top of the hill and jogged back down and realized that, no, I’m just a chubby guy who jogs to get exercise and jogging up a hill is a good way to get out of breath, when you’re chubby.Report