Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
September 5, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on The Sky Isn’t Falling When your argument is effectively, "You can't compare this war to the origins of past world wars, because this…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 "have you ever considered how normal people react to it?" okay Richard Nixon
- on Saturday Morning Gaming: Roll Through The Ages How does "Pedal To The Metal" compare to the old "Formula D" game? (similar mechanic in that your gear determi…
- on Striking a Chord: “Rich Men North of Richmond” I've come to dislike the term "populism" because what it really means is drawing a boundary around some group…
- on Saturday Morning Gaming: Roll Through The Ages On topic in the sense of "fun with computers"... I've recently resumed work on a series of cartoon drawings I…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Well I consider myself "normal" and I've always rolled my eyes at signs like this. Same with those bumper stic…
- on The Sky Isn’t Falling Tell me you support American troops in Ukraine without telling me you support American trooos in Ukraine.
- on Saturday Morning Gaming: Roll Through The Ages My newest acquisition that I have been able to get to the table at our game meetup is Heat: Pedal to the Metal…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.
- The Spanish-American War and the ‘Empire By Default’
If you like somewhat obscure history, “Empire by Default” is a very readable and comprehensive account of the Spanish-American War.