- Next story Do the Republican Candidates Really Think They Can Beat Trump?
- Previous story Weekend Plans Post: Lines that Go Unexpectedly Hard
Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
September 5, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Reading what? The sign? Have you considered what a normal person would think when they saw this sign or the "I…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 And, you're convinced that a normal person reading this wouldn't think it is gibberish?
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 You asked a question: Here, let me quote it: "have you ever considered how normal people react to it?" You're…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 This feels like a rather big thing that I want to ruminate on further, but here's the gist of it: "A viral Tik…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Again... Put your thoughts into the form of an argument, with a premise and supporting facts and a conclusion.…
- on The Sky Isn’t Falling Yes, we're on dangerous ground, but only because there isn't any "safe" ground to find. Russia attacked Ukrain…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Under what circumstances? Before deporting 50 migrants or after deporting them?
- on The Sky Isn’t Falling When your argument is effectively, "You can't compare this war to the origins of past world wars, because this…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.
- The Spanish-American War and the ‘Empire By Default’
If you like somewhat obscure history, “Empire by Default” is a very readable and comprehensive account of the Spanish-American War.