Ten Second Buzz
September 21, 2023
September 11, 2023
September 12, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 8, 2023
September 18, 2023
September 13, 2023
September 5, 2023
A Message From Devcat
Devcat is exploring some additional filters for moderation. This should be transparent to almost everybody.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- on Striking a Chord: “Rich Men North of Richmond” Wait, you missed the lines about people dying in the streets? He didn’t have contempt for them. And who is to…
- on Striking a Chord: “Rich Men North of Richmond” Woody Guthrie was a commie, so this shouldn’t surprise anyone with what he meant by “This Land is Our Land.”
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Reading what? The sign? Have you considered what a normal person would think when they saw this sign or the "I…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 And, you're convinced that a normal person reading this wouldn't think it is gibberish?
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 You asked a question: Here, let me quote it: "have you ever considered how normal people react to it?" You're…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/25/2023 This feels like a rather big thing that I want to ruminate on further, but here's the gist of it: "A viral Tik…
- on Open Mic for the week of 9/18/2023 Again... Put your thoughts into the form of an argument, with a premise and supporting facts and a conclusion.…
- on The Sky Isn’t Falling Yes, we're on dangerous ground, but only because there isn't any "safe" ground to find. Russia attacked Ukrain…
- POETS Day! Revisiting Clampitt with Cummings In Mind
There’s a valid complaint about poetry written beginning somewhere in the middle of the last century that claims modern poetry is written for a smaller and smaller audience of attuned readers
- Let Joe Biden Be Joe Biden: Voter Reactions To President Biden’s Events
I showed two videos of Joe Biden to a group of 50 voters who were in their early to mid-20s from different areas of Massachusetts.
- The Brand is the Point: Voting Against Your Interests to Stay in Your Tribe
Normally I'd sit back, decry the situation in Mississippi, vote, and then go get a good stiff drink. I may have to do so again this year.
- Abortion ‘Trafficking’ and the Constitution (Updated)
You don’t have to be pro-abortion to oppose the restrictive intrusion that anti-”trafficking” laws impose on individuals and their right to travel.
- The Spanish-American War and the ‘Empire By Default’
If you like somewhat obscure history, “Empire by Default” is a very readable and comprehensive account of the Spanish-American War.