President Trump Uses Veto on National Defense Authorization Act

Andrew Donaldson

Andrew Donaldson

Born and raised in West Virginia, Andrew has since lived and traveled around the world several times over. Though frequently writing about politics out of a sense of duty and love of country, most of the time he would prefer discussions on history, culture, occasionally nerding on aviation, and his amateur foodie tendencies. He can usually be found misspelling/misusing words on Twitter @four4thefire and his writing website Yonder and Home.

1. Avatar Philip H

That’s shot two at McConnell.Report

2. Avatar Saul Degraw

Putin’s lackey is hurt that Congress would not let him sue twitter and facebook over mean social media postings.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Saul Degraw

Putin’s other lackey voted against it in the first place.

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Jaybird

F minus.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Jaybird

This was really bad. I like AOC but do not support every action she takes because I am an independent human being who does not need to lockstep 100 percent behind someone. For example, as much as I like AOC, representative Rice does appear to be more of a team player in party politics and that stuff is important. I can see why Rice got the energy committee slot.

But the reports are that Russia did launch a massive cyberattack on the U.S. and it was bad. Trump also has a thing where he likes to be a little puppy to dictators because he wants that level of power and fear for himself. So this veto is bad. The military budget is too high but national security is still an issue that is important and this was an attack on the sovreignty of the United States.

There is a lot that the United States can improve on but I would rather be a Nathan Hale than a Benedict Arnold.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Saul Degraw

Well, I’m one of the people who thinks that the Omnibus Bill is bad and it includes a lot of bad things.

I like that AOC opposes it, even though I agree with her on little.
          I like that Trump vetoed it, even though I agree with him on little.

I think that there are reasons to oppose the bill above and beyond Putin puppitude.Report

3. Avatar Saul Degraw

This does put Purdue and Loefeller in a position of deciding whether to piss off Trump voters or the military.Report

4. Avatar North

Seems like good odds that the parties will band together to override the veto. It’s a no brainer for the Dems of course- but it is making things tricky for the GOP. I am playing the worlds smallest violin for leader turtle.Report

5. Avatar Jaybird