Vox Media and New York Media merge

Jaybird

1. Avatar Jaybird

Perhaps relevant:

• Avatar veronica d in reply to Jaybird

We haven’t even begun. Next we’re gonna add politics to video games.

Here “politics” means cute trans cat girls with swords. Just you wait!Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to veronica d

We all know that I am a huge wrongthinker.

What’s interesting is that MattY started tweeting such things (and the two tweets in question are now deleted) after the merger.

Vox now has new investors… which means a new and surely improved editorial outlook.Report

• Avatar Damon in reply to veronica d

Fine. But I don’t have to buy that video game. I can continue to replay the Witcher 3 and romance hot female sorceresses.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Damon

I mean, look at stuff like Bible Adventures or the Noah’s Ark First-Person Shooter (you were “shooting” the animals with food to feed them, so it wasn’t Doom or anything). We look at that and snicker.

Maybe it’ll work this time.Report

• Avatar veronica d in reply to Damon

Wait till the next DLC, with Geralt and Dandelion on a gay romp trying to track down Sigi’s secret cross dressing sex den. Plus you get transformed into a cute trans cat girl. It’s a hoot. There will be online co-op, if you know what I mean.Report

• Avatar veronica d in reply to veronica d

And of course you’ll have to play it. The suede denim secret police will see to that.Report

• Avatar Marchmaine in reply to veronica d

Heh, I think I know what Denim is and I think I know what suede is…Denim Suede?

Me [Googles] Denim Suede
              Google: you must mean Suede Denim
              Me: I must
              Google: Dead Kennedys reference
              Me: Wait what? Huh, I guess maybe I just pretended to like that one song for that one girl.
              Still me: those jackets just look like suede jackets… I’m have no idea what’s going on anymore.
              Ongoing Me: So, about Integralism…Report

• Avatar Damon in reply to veronica d

I never do on line co op. Well ok..once in the original doom but that was with coworkers at work on lunch break.Report

• Avatar veronica d in reply to Damon

Jokes aside, co-op play is a lot of fun, especially in the souls-likes. It’s pretty cool when you get matched with an eager noob and together go stomp a boss. You’re missing out.Report

• Avatar Damon in reply to veronica d

I did the Online role playing game for 10 years. I’ve been a noob and the president of the organization, led raids to success, and screwed up and caused everyone to wipe. It was fun…but that chapter is closed.Report

• Avatar veronica d in reply to Damon

Ah yeah, I get you. The Souls style co-op works different from the MMO style. It’s just you matched with one other player who “summoned help,” typically for a level you’ve already completed, often just the boss.

The whole “team style” co-op sounds pretty tedious to meb also.Report

• Avatar Damon in reply to veronica d

Oh, it could be fun. Doing alien raids in our city..team of 6 folks who where in the org…sharing loot…kicking ass. Or joining a mass raid for top level gear with 100 folks…server lag all to hell. Those were the days.

But the population dropped so much often times no one was around when I wanted to play…most of my online friends were in euroland..met some really cool folks though.Report

• Avatar Chip Daniels in reply to Jaybird

Yes, as I walked past shattered storefronts and the National Guard troops holding assault rifles outside my building, my thought was “My God, those woke professors are a threat to America!”Report

2. Avatar Brandon Berg

In other Vox-related news, I saw an extra-Voxy piece of Vox a couple of days ago, in which Sean Collins really Voxed the bed. Not quite Maragayte-tier, but still pretty embarrassing. They’ve since cleaned up some of the more obvious Vox stains, but I archived it for posterity:

This disparity is such that in eight US cities — including Reno, Nevada; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; and Scottsdale, Arizona — the rate at which police killed black men was higher than the US murder rate. And in 27 of the country’s 50 largest cities, the rates of police killings (of people of all races) is higher than the rates of violent crime. In many cities, like Kansas City, Missouri, and Columbus, Ohio, counting police killings as violent crimes would more than double the rate of violent crime.

If you didn’t do a triple take, go back and read it again. Once you’ve confirmed that something is horribly wrong, click through and look at the chart below this paragraph to see what caused this train wreck.Report

3. Avatar Saul Degraw

Vox Media purchased New York magazine in September 2019. I’m not exactly sure why this is news of “woke” lefties ruining everything for hardworking Amuricans such as yourself.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Saul Degraw

Please don’t imagine me posting this with brow furrowed in concern about the future.

See me as posting it while chuckling.

This is about the new funding and new editorial direction that Vox will be taking in the coming weeks and months.Report