US Navy Photo [Public Domain]
- Despite being divorced for more than three years now, I’m pretty happy about having kept that Costco membership. Toilet paper was never a worry for me.
- I’ve not worn my contact lenses in three weeks. It’s amazing how dirty my glasses get with constant use every day. On the plus side, I haven’t lost a pair of readers since all of this started.
- Comparing my bank statements with my current bank activity, I realize how much I was going out to eat, back in the BQ (Before Quarantine). This should probably be made into a durable lifestyle change and persist into the AQ (After Quarantine), rather than an interim adjustment for DQ (During Quarantine) purposes only.
- Joe Exotic is a piece of work, yo.
- I subscribe to Imperfect Produce, so that reduces my need to go to the store. I’ve been getting lots of citrus and getting myself some kind of citrus juice almost every morning. Fresh-squeezed juice tastes great. I probably can’t blame just the citrus juice for my weight gain, though: I’ve got salty crunchy snacks and elastic-waistband sweat pants, and I’m quite willing to use both.
- One thing I wish were still open were the animal shelter. This would have been the perfect time to have adopted a dog, being home all the time.
- Thinking about all that juice and all those snacks, and my dwindling (but soon-to-be-replenished) supply of homebrew, I found an old jump rope in the basement. Rolled out my yoga mat in my upstairs home office, and now I’m starting to use it. Turns out, jumping rope is quite difficult and I really suck at it. Still, I hope this can persist into the AQ.