I Almost Died from the Flu. Please Don’t Expose Me to COVID-19.

1. Avatar Kristin Devine

Merrie, I am so terribly sorry for what you had to endure, and so thankful you made it through. I’ll be praying every day for you to get stronger and for Covid to stay far away from you. Thank you for sharing your story with us all.Report

2. Avatar mistah charley, ph.d.

You have been through a lot, and your message has the weight of your experiences behind it – may it reach some of those who need it.. God bless you and bless your friends and relatives.Report

3. Avatar veronica d

I’m so sorry you had to go through all of that. It sounds awful.Report

4. Avatar Michael Siegel

Will let us know that things were bad but good Lord what a thing to go through. Hope you get better!Report

5. Avatar Em Carpenter

What a nightmare. I’m so sorry you went through that, and so glad you’ve recovered. Thank you for sharing.Report

6. Avatar Anne

I’m truly glad you are okay and sorry you had such a traumatic experience. Thank you for sharing. I’m sure it will make a difference. Every person we can get to not be selfish at this time helps us all.Report

7. Avatar Lynn

Your story needs to be told…to many, many people. Unless you go through it, you don’t know how bad it can really be. I am so thankful, as, of course, are you, that you are still around to tell about it. The worst part was people not knowing where you were, or what had happened. I have to make sure to tell my “emergency contact” what’s what…and to make sure that person knows where everything is…what bills need to be paid, etc. This is a good lesson for us all. And, I am washing my hands, and yes, I’m still in Buffalo! …. my kids sensibly and lovingly told me to “STAY PUT!” Your tale brings the real meaning of that to my brain!!! Thanks, Merrie….Stay well!!!Report

8. Avatar North

My god(ess?) Merrie, this is a terrifying and horrible story. I am so sorry you suffered this!Report

9. Avatar gabriel conroy

Ditto to everyone here. Thanks for sharing.Report

10. Avatar Larry

Goodness! I am so sorry for all you went through. At first, I thought you were on vacation when you went silent on this site and twitter but later became concerned. I am glad you made through this ordeal. Seems like your guys are glad to have you back!Report