Saturday Spins: Steve Miller Band

Christopher Bradley

Christopher Bradley

Christopher is a lawyer from NEPA, aka, Pennsultucky, He is an avid baseball fan, audiophile, and dog owner. He spends the majority of his free time with his wife and daughters, reading, listening to music, watching baseball (except the Yankees) and writing. If you wish to send him a positive missive, any errata concerning albums, or requests regarding albums: saturdayspins32 at gmail dot com

1. Avatar Slade the Leveller

My pick for next Saturday is ELO’s Out of the Blue. What a great, adventurous record.

Man, you do love yourself some Ryan Adams.

Nothing to offer on SMB. At this point he’s just part of the classic rock background noise.Report

2. Avatar Geoff Arnold

Sorry, I’m an “early period” Steve Miller Band enthusiast. The first five albums were great. Then came the the mumbled mess of Eden, and I lost interest.

Love Steve and Paul McCartney letting it all hang out on “My Dark Hour”…..Report

3. Avatar Pinky

I never think of him as psychedelic, because he’s so darned efficient. If he has two and a half minutes’ worth of song, that’s how long the track is going to be. Ten songs on the album, and if one of them would have been better with one less verse, he would have fit 11.Report

• Avatar Pinky

PS: I just looked up some of his albums, and I didn’t realize how indulgent he can get. That surprises me, considering how tight his singles are.Report

4. Avatar Anne

My vote for next week is Warren Zevon – Excitable Boy pleaseReport

5. Avatar Adam

Rage against the machine – Evil EmpireReport

6. Avatar DW Dalrymple

I’ve probably seen Steve Miller live more than another other band in my life-lost count actually. Never gets old….Report