In a decision with potentially large ramifications, New York Federal Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall won't dismiss a libel suit against "Shitty Media Men" creator Moira Donegan.
Explaining, the judge says it is possible that Donegan created the entry herself. The judge believes that Elliott should be able to explore whether the entry was fabricated. Accordingly, discovery proceeds, which will now put pressure on Google to respond to broad subpoena demands. The next motion stage could feature a high-stakes one about the reaches of CDA 230.
From the Daily Mail: Mexico and Colombia may have their first coronavirus cases
From the Daily Mail:
- Mexican and Colombian officials are investigating their countriess first possible case of the new coronavirus
- In Mexico, the patients is on the northern border state of Tamaulipa, which borders Texas
- The Colombian case concerns a 19-year-old Chinese citizen, who traveled to Bogotá from Turkey
- As of Wednesday, 531 worldwide have caught the viral illness and 17 have died
- Cases have been confirmed in Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the US, which reported its first patient, a man in his 30s in Washington state, on Tuesday
- One person in Australia is reportedly in isolation and may have the virus
(Featured image is coronavirus, from the Science Photo Library.)