In a decision with potentially large ramifications, New York Federal Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall won't dismiss a libel suit against "Shitty Media Men" creator Moira Donegan.
Explaining, the judge says it is possible that Donegan created the entry herself. The judge believes that Elliott should be able to explore whether the entry was fabricated. Accordingly, discovery proceeds, which will now put pressure on Google to respond to broad subpoena demands. The next motion stage could feature a high-stakes one about the reaches of CDA 230.
— David Bisset (@dimensionmedia) August 31, 2019
- It’s funny how browsers I think are a thing (specifically Vivaldi and Brave) don’t even register on this list. Goes to show my techie bubble.
- Browsers used to have better names. Netscape was brilliant. What the heck is a Firefox? (It’s “Firebird” with IP considerations is what it is.) Chrome? Edge? Edge? Come on.
- It’s amazing how quickly Chrome accomplished what Firefox never did. It just goes to show the power of corporate muscle. When Google announced they were creating a browser I thought it was kind of dumb. I was wrong.
- People say Firefox is better than Chrome now but I just can’t get into the groove of it. Chrome doesn’t work right on one of my computers and I use Firefox on it. it’s passable, but I wish Chrome worked on it.
- With Internet Explorer being replaced by Edge and Edge being Chrome-based, that means may be looking at 3 of the top 5 and 85% of desktop browsing occurring through Chromium browsers. That’s concerning.
Photo by darzann