Bennet Rhymes With Win It

Will Truman

Will Truman is the Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. He is also on Twitter.

1. Avatar LTL FTC

This is not an awful argument. Obviously, congress will pick fights with the president and he will be asked about major world issues more than once every couple of weeks, but setting a goal of not being on a constant campaign or chiming in on what some celebrity said is sort of inspiring these days.

With a divided Congress, why even pretend your grand schemes will go anywhere?

As for the DPRK focus, I’ll assume that was in response to something and not the center of his foreign policy.Report

• Avatar Aaron David in reply to LTL FTC

Inspiring, but as likely as all women staying home to have babies, or any other “the past was so great” arguments at this point. Between Twitter, YouFace and the 24/7 news cycle, if you are always on, you are always off.Report

• Avatar LTL FTC in reply to Aaron David

I’d like to see someone try. Divided government means a president’s greatest impact is through executive orders and appointments. Is not picking online fights really too much to ask for, whomever we feel it necessary to dunk on?Report

2. Avatar Chip Daniels

I was rather hoping someone would gather together Bennet, Ryan, Moulton, and Delaney into an option called The Other White Meat.Report

• Avatar LTL FTC in reply to Chip Daniels

Related: the “joke” that commentators can’t tell white men apart is both too old to be funny and annoyingly performative because about 80% of it comes from pundits and hottakers with dads who look like at least one of those dudes. We get it, you’re not one of thoooose wypipo.

Also, not a great look for about a third of the electorate. I know that in my circles, I’m obliged to laugh it off (I personally couldn’t care less) but not everybody lives where I do. The “I can’t tell white men apart” meme is older and bigger than this primary. You can’t kill a meme because it’s politically counterproductive. But let’s say it’s death will not be lamented.Report

3. Avatar Mike Schilling

At this point, I’d settle for “Will not turn national tragedies into ‘Look at me!!!!!!'”.Report