Many People Agree With Me

DW Dalrymple

DW is a Proud West Virginian from the top of the middle finger, a former political hack/public servant and alleged rock-n-roll savant. Forever a student of the School of Life. You can find him on Twitter @BIG_DWD

1. Avatar Philip H

So, here’s the thing – many people DO AGREE with what he says. Sure, its convenient dodge used by weak people to maks their own weaknesses, but in the case of Mr. Trump, he’s also dead right.Report

• Avatar Doctor Jay in reply to Philip H

I don’t think you grasp the problem. Perhaps I can demonstrate it for you with a hypothetical quote:

“Trump is Putin’s puppet. Many people agree with me.”

Do you see the problem now?

Many people agree that contrails are actually chemical being dumped into the upper atmosphere by the government. That doesn’t mean it’s true.Report

• Avatar cjcolucci in reply to Doctor Jay

It’s not clear whether you and Philip H actually disagree.Report

• Avatar Philip H in reply to Doctor Jay

Slightly less then half of the Americans who chose to vote in 2016 picked Donald Trump. Now, by the time you account for the non-voters and the HRC crowd (and sprinkle in the third party hopefuls) my rough math tells me around 27% of American adults voted for him. From a data perspective that’s “many” in as much as its no where near a few and probably exceeds some.

I agree that it doesn’t make anything he says true, but I’m not wrong on a number basis.Report

• Avatar DensityDuck in reply to Philip H

“Many people agree” is not always followed by “with me“…Report

2. Avatar Pinky

There’s a podcast I regularly listen to that begins each episode with: “Hello, and welcome to the show. It is a great show, it is a terrific show, it is a tremendous show. Frankly, the best. You can ask anyone about that; people often do.”Report

3. Avatar DODI

This reminds me of the time Rep. Eric Swalwell said on CNN that AG Barr should resign bc he had lost the confidence of the American people after he summarized the Mueller Report. I wondered which folks Swalwell actually asked or if he really asked anyone before he decided to speak for me.Report