Mom Vs. Couch – Part 1

Kristin Devine

Kristin is a geek, a libertarian, and a domestic goddess. She lives in a wildlife refuge in rural Washington state with too many children and way too many animals and works with women around the world as a fertility counselor. There's also a blog which most people would very much disapprove of https://atomicfeminist.com/

1. Avatar pillsy says:

I don’t know if this was intentional, but I laughed with relief when it turned from a horror story about Shannon trying to wrangle her kids through a divorce into a horror story about Shannon’s couch trying to eat her.Report

2. Avatar fillyjonk says:

I was also relieved when I realized the bruises were from the couch, and not that she had some horrible illness.

(Or will part 2 surprise me again?)

But yeah, very much would like to punch her ex in the mouth.Report

3. Avatar Em Carpenter says:

Let me say again- I loooove this! And having the editor perk of having previewed parts 2 and 3, I can say it does not disappoint!Report

4. Avatar DensityDuck says:

eeee, that’s creepy! Talk to Abby Howard about doing the art for it, maybe.

Will Shannon figure out in time that there’s a spell forcing her to go back to the apartment, or will she convince herself that her feelings of “this place isn’t so bad, I just have to stay away from the couch, I deserve this really, I’m such a loser, maybe I should just let the couch eat me and everyone would be better off” are entirely her own?Report

5. Avatar Maribou says:

aaaaaaaaa this is so good. i have been deliberately forcing myself to wait to read it until times when i wouldn’t be interrupted and aaaaaaaaaaa. SO deliciously creepy.

<3.Report

6. Avatar Fish says:

Okay, George R. R. Devine…when will we get part 2????? Really, really good stuff!Report