Songs of Springtime and Rebirth

Kristin Devine

Kristin is a geek, a libertarian, and a domestic goddess. She lives in a wildlife refuge in rural Washington state with too many children and way too many animals and works with women around the world as a fertility counselor. There's also a blog which most people would very much disapprove of https://atomicfeminist.com/

1. Avatar Michael Cain

Tuesday it was 77 at my house. Yesterday we had four inches of snow, with a full-on blizzard by the time you got 60 miles farther east. Last night’s low was 20, with wind chill down around zero. More snow in the forecast for Friday night. Spring resumes on Monday, with sunny and 70 forecast.Report

2. Avatar Pinky

I never thought of April Come She Will as a springtime song.Report

3. Avatar Mike Schilling

Spring means, among other things, Opening Day (what says “rebirth” more than a brand-new season?), so here’s a song all about old-time ballplayers.

4. Avatar Fish

I couldn’t find any songs about the pine tree sex and how I have to close up all the windows in the house and stop driving with the windows down and abandon the back deck just when the weather is turning nice until the first hard rains wash all their issue away. 🙂 🙂 🙂 Despite my cynicism, I really do like Spring.Report

• Avatar Kristin Devine in reply to Fish

Wait are you telling me you’ve never heard “Pollen Makes Me Sneeze Violently So Please Pass The Zyrtec”?Report

• Avatar Michael Cain in reply to Fish

Yeah, during “yellow clouds of pollen go blowing by” season I have to take two different 24-hour allergy medications 12 hours apart. Unfortunately, I suffer from the same sort of sneezing “fits” that my grandfather and father had — anywhere from 30 to a hundred dry sneezes in a row. My son seems to have escaped.Report

5. Avatar Kristin Devine

I have gone onto the nasal sprays and ADORE them. I’ve always had miserable allergies, but then we moved and they became intolerable. I was allergic to Flonase (bitter irony) but I have Rhinocort now and love it.Report

6. Avatar Slade the Leveller

XTC did a whole album devoted to this, Skylarking. Here’s a sample:

7. Avatar Slade the Leveller