Saturday Morning Gaming: Gloomhaven

Jaybird

1. Avatar Doctor Jay

Ahem. We’re playing Gloomhaven. About 60% through, I think.

Also Legend of the Five Rings LCG and the old standby of Dominion.Report

2. Avatar Jaybird

How bad did I mess that description up?Report

• Avatar Doctor Jay in reply to Jaybird

Honestly, I love your description. Even though it’s not remotely similar to how I would describe it, but that’s more of a stylistic thing. Also, I never heard of Descent: Road to Legends until you wrote about it.Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Doctor Jay

Descent was *FREAKING AWESOME* 8 years ago.

Now? I’d say that, for someone who has played Gloomhaven, it’d be like revisiting Heroes of Might and Magic III or IV after playing Heroes of Might and Magic V.

Sure, III and IV were awesome, but V fixed a lot of things and upgraded even more and you’re going to find yourself frustrated as often as you find yourself delighted and you’re going to wander back to V.

If you know what I mean.Report

3. Avatar James K

I played Gloomhaven with my D&D group fro the majority of last year. We are now awaiting the expansion, which is due out in a month or so.Report

4. Avatar Fish

I cannot freaking *WAIT* to unlock some new heroes. I’m honestly rather pleased with myself over the restraint I’ve shown in not googling or opening boxes to peek at them.Report

• Avatar Doctor Jay in reply to Fish

The new heroes are pretty interesting, for sure. But I’ve played three so far, and my favorite is the Tinker, whom you get right out of the box. I had a flamethrower, a disintegration beam and a grenade launcher which I made out of a crank bow and a volatile concoction.

I mean, how can you top that?Report