If You See This

Will Truman

Will Truman is the Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. He is also on Twitter.

1. Avatar Maribou says:

Good to be back.Report

2. Avatar Marchmaine says:

I totally pwned all the libs after 2:30… now we’ll never know how awesomely.

But I am still not on Twitter, so my ban is just a rumor.Report

3. Avatar Aaron David says:

I am seeing it (obvs).Report

4. Avatar LeeEsq says:

I see dead blogs.Report

5. Avatar Zac Black says:

My god…it’s full of posts.Report

6. Avatar Jaybird says:

I’m getting a certificate error. It’s telling me that the site is unsafe.

I trust all y’all, though.Report

• Avatar Pinky says:

CERTIFICATE WARNING: You are attempting to access the accursed writings of the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred collected in the dreaded Necronomicon. This may be unsafe.

Continue?
      Y / NReport

7. Avatar Maribou says:

I think we’re back? Again? 😉Report

8. Avatar fillyjonk says:

As of this afternoon the font now looks weird. Not unreadable, but it’s either a different font or a different font-size, and I’m just OCD enough to notice it.Report

• Avatar dragonfrog says:

It looks definitely different for me too. I find it neither better nor worse on my laptop, but noticeably more comfortable to read on my phone.Report

• Different font — a number of places that were a serif font before are now specifying a lightweight sans-serif font. I am seriously OCD on this particular topic, to the extent that my browser is set up to run a piece of JavaScript on almost every page I download that does its best to force the use of just two fonts in a limited number of sizes. With that disabled, there are — for me — some cringe-worthy mixing of fonts and sizes now. OTOH, kudos to Will and any other tech staff for moving all of the page structure my script depends on transparently.Report

9. Avatar Marchmaine says:

Site still seems wonky to me… updating erratically and not seeing new posts even after refreshing… I cleared all cookies and still seeing that behavior.Report

• Avatar JoeSal says:

I’m seeing the same thing, but I am not sure it’s limited to just this site, seeing a lot of unrelated internet ‘blinks’.

But then again, Will could have broke the internet 😉Report

• Avatar Marchmaine says:

He probably did, but the rest of the internet seems to have fixed itself… I’m still not seeing new posts when I click through RSS feed… and what’s odd about that is still don’t see them after I refresh site.

So, I can see and read a new comment in RSS, but OT doesn’t show me the post.

Google Chrome, cookies flushed, intermittent behavior… good luck with that. 🙂Report