Weekend!

Jaybird

1. Avatar PROFESSOR ESPERANTO

oh god, i hope when i visited you weren’t trying to be on your best behaviorReport

2. fillyjonk fillyjonk

Last weekend was my big exciting weekend – went to visit a friend, went places I’d never been before. (And then Sunday, filled the pulpit at church – long story but: yes, it’s okay for a layperson to do that in my denomination)

This weekend is just going to be being quiet at home. Clean the place up a little bit, maybe do a little sewing, maybe do a little reading towards one of my fall classes (classes start in just over 2 weeks)Report

3. Avatar Aaron David

Well, this weekend was for TSPing the trim on my porch in preparation for painting. Or it should be, as I tweaked my back a little bit and am not feeling too keen on pushing my luck with that. But we are joining another couple at a cabin Mon-Wed coming up, so that should be nice.Report

4. Avatar Maribou

So we have this houseguest, and I wore out myself cleaning (not at all her fault, she is laidback, but I come from a hospitality culture and Obligations are Obligations) and then I didn’t sleep much and now I’ve had about 6 hours sleep in 2 days.

Which means I will have all the fun tonight and tomorrow, then sleep through Sunday for the most part.

Except for reading!! I am reading a book that won’t be out for years (by an established author) and it is SO GOOD in this early draft stage and I cannot wait until I can hawk it to everyone. I’m about a third of the way through already even though I only started reading it at 10 pm and the act of noting my feedback slows me down.

Monday I will mostly spend cleaning up more, because our next houseguest will be with us for a few weeks and the Holy Obligation of Cleaning for a new temporary housemate is more sizeable than that for a 3 day houseguest that you’ve known for a decade. (Kidding, but also not, y’know? I mean, I think I’m kidding intellectually but if you were to watch my behavior on Monday, that descriptor is what fits best…)Report

5. Avatar North

I am going tubing. I gather this involves sitting in a tube, on a river, and drinking cans of alcohol. It seems simple enough but I always associated tubing with laying on a tube being hauled behind a high speed boat and trying not to fall off so I was very confused when husband dragged me out to get drinks to have while on the tube.Report

6. Avatar Pinky

Well, after reading Andrew’s latest article, I know exactly what my weekend plans are. They involve swimming in a pyramid pile of p****.Report

7. Avatar Mike Schilling

Flying to Zurich tomorrow (Saturday), so I arrive Sunday afternoon and can be at work on Monday.

I booked the flight on the SwissAir website where it had a SwissAir flight number. Imagine my delight when I learned it’s a codeshare operated by United.Report

• Avatar Jason in reply to Mike Schilling

We had cheap seats to Paris last year through United, but it was a Canada Air flight to and a Lufthansa back–good flights. It was the reverse of your situation: United flight numbers operated by the other airlines.Report