In a decision with potentially large ramifications, New York Federal Judge LaShann DeArcy Hall won't dismiss a libel suit against "Shitty Media Men" creator Moira Donegan.
Explaining, the judge says it is possible that Donegan created the entry herself. The judge believes that Elliott should be able to explore whether the entry was fabricated. Accordingly, discovery proceeds, which will now put pressure on Google to respond to broad subpoena demands. The next motion stage could feature a high-stakes one about the reaches of CDA 230.
Reader Poll: Election 2016
I wanted to touch base with the readership and find out where our readership stands. The first question is aspirational and the second one literal, so if you could not or did not vote I ask that you answer accordingly rather than indicating who you would have voted for if you could have.
Of the candidates listed, who would you have most liked to see as president?
- Hillary Clinton (32%, 23 Votes)
- Bernie Sanders (27%, 20 Votes)
- Gary Johnson (25%, 18 Votes)
- John Kasich (12%, 9 Votes)
- Donald Trump (3%, 2 Votes)
- Ted Cruz (1%, 1 Votes)
- Marco Rubio (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 73
Who did you vote for?
- Clinton/Kaine (48%, 36 Votes)
- Johnson/Weld (21%, 16 Votes)
- Could Not Vote (12%, 9 Votes)
- Did Not Vote (9%, 7 Votes)
- Trump/Pence (5%, 4 Votes)
- McMullin/Finn (1%, 1 Votes)
- Stein/Baraka (1%, 1 Votes)
- Write-in (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 75
How would you describe your politics?
- Liberal (28%, 20 Votes)
- Libertarian left (26%, 19 Votes)
- Moderate (14%, 10 Votes)
- Libertarian right (13%, 9 Votes)
- Left (11%, 8 Votes)
- Center right (6%, 4 Votes)
- Hard right (3%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 72