Neither Holy, Nor Roman
This is a quiz, much like the quizzes we’ve done in the past, except that the answer, instead of being a book or an author, is a Holy Roman Emperor. The usual rules apply:
- No Googling or other use of search engines
- One point for the first correct answer
- If there are any questions, the ruling of the judge (me) is final
Any questions? Good. Here we go.
1. He caught quite a chill visiting the Pope.
2. His plans went out the window.
3. Ruled more of the world than any Holy Roman emperor before or since.
4. “I am king of the Romans and above grammar.”
5. A wonder of the world.
6. Son of a German Roman and a Greek Roman.
7. He demonstrated why bathing suits aren’t armored.
8 .A Welf in sheep’s clothing.
9. Not as pragmatic as he thought.
10. And done. I blame Napoleon.
Image by maximilianschiffer