A Happy Announcement on Commenting Policy

Will Truman

Will Truman is the Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. He is also on Twitter.

1. Avatar Alan Scott

This seems like a positive and long-overdue change.Report

2. Avatar LeeEsq

Oh, I thought the announcement would be that the comments section is having puppies.Report

3. Avatar North

I for one welcome our Maritimer Over Lady strictly on principle. *passes a bottle of Nova Scotian maple syrup under the table*Report

4. Avatar Joe Sal

I welcome Maribou, even though the job looks a lot like herding cats.Report

5. Avatar switters

If Maribou continues to handle herself remotely as well as she did today (I have little doubt she will), FISH YEAH!!!Report

6. Avatar FortyTwo

Thanks. I’ve noticed the comments have been slipping. Even though I don’t comment much, I’m on the site daily. This is the only site that I read all of the comments and I truly enjoy this community’s rapport. There are a few bad apples, but almost everyone comments in good faith and good argument.Report

7. Avatar Kolohe

Hail Maribou Ordinaria, First of Her Name, Moderatrix Augusta of the Comment Sections, Scourge of Trolls, Disenvoweler Caesaria, Wielder of the Banhammer, and First Friend of Felines.Report

8. Avatar Michael Cain

Somehow I suspect that by the 30th when I’m down to the Springs, I’ll owe you (and @jaybird for suffering through) the adult beverage rather than the other way round :^)Report

9. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Maribou, you’re crazy! And congratulations to being added to the masthead.

I’ve never really had any problems with the commenters here, but I take anything I read on the internet with a huge grain of salt. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes here, though I imagine it involves more than a little bit of facepalming. So, Godspeed, Mari!Report

10. Avatar Gabriel Conroy

Good luck, Maribou! I like all your comments and trust to your fairness.

I also realize that while I haven’t been one of the leading offenders, I’ve done my share to make certain commenters feel unwelcome, choosing to attack instead of listen or ignore. I obviously have to work on that. And while that’s my problem, and not yours, I realize that might mean you’ll have to correct me from time to time. I’ll promise to respect what you say.Report

11. Avatar Dave Regio