Sunday!

Jaybird

1. Avatar aaron david

Got a couple irons in the fire right now, rereading (after a good 25 years) Charles Oberndorfs Sheltered Lives, a very good but little known distopian SF written during the height of the AIDS epidemic, and Return of A King, seemingly solid history on the British invasion of Afghanistan in the 1830’s.

Watched a very good documentary the other night, Steve McQueen – the Man and Le Mans which I highly recommend.Report

2. Avatar Saul Degraw

Bill Paxton died because of surgical complications. Only 61.

I am more or less to to speed with the TV versions of the Magicians and am zipping through Book One of the same series.

I like both a lot but they are very different. In the book, the characters start as high school seniors and the cool-gothy kid aspect is less of a thing as far as I can tell (but the TV series truncates the books so maybe there is a Kady like character in the second and third books) . The book so far is generally lighter and has a more ironic narration scheme.Report

3. Avatar Michael Cain

Donald Worster’s Dust Bowl: The Southern Plains in the 1930s.Report

4. Avatar notme

Judge Wapner, of The People’s Court has died.Report

5. Avatar Saul Degraw

Well someone in Hollywood is not going to enjoy going into work tomorrow morning…Report

6. Avatar Maribou

Just read the first trade paperback of DC’s Bombshells series (written by Marguerite Bennett) and I LOVE IT SO MUCH.Report

7. Avatar Damon

I’d like to give the show a try. It wasn’t on anything I have access to, but maybe I’ll get a DVD if the reviews are good. I enjoyed Army of Darkness. Bruce was great in Burn Notice, but damn he’s gotten old since AoD.

I spent most of the w/e tending a bruised ankle from jujitsu and playing Fallout 4.Report