Weekend!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Morat20

More furniture moving. And celebrating a relative’s birthday. And hopefully, maybe, some actual PS4 time for the first time in months. (Mankind Divided or Fallout 4. Can’t decide).Report

2. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Driving the boy (really a young man at this point) back to school. Perhaps visiting the in-laws and my daughter. Hopefully, some golf. Really a whole bunch of nothing.

Your state fair reference made me think of when I would bring the kids up to the MN state fair. They have a milk pavilion there, at which you can get all you can drink for $1. One of the years Brad Penny, then a pitcher for the Dodgers, bet one of the Marlins’ batboys he couldn’t drink a gallon of milk, and keep it down, in under an hour. The batboy did not succeed in finishing the gallon. I made it to half a gallon of the most delicious chocolate milk I’ve ever had (Sweet Jesus, it was good!), and had to give up. Probably for the best, given the number of rides I got on following that escapade. This happened over 15 years ago, and I still think about that milk.Report

3. Avatar Maribou

State Fair Saturday, birthday party in Denver Sunday. Otherwise as little as possible.

I am beat after the first week of school at my workplace.

Oof.Report

4. Avatar dexter

The mother in law’s house has been gutted, washed down, and sprayed with clorox. We have to wait to get the moisture in the wood down to a certain level so fema can come check everything before we start putting everything back together. The ac is running and we have two dehumidifiers running so it ought to be good to go in about two weeks. Yeah.
    I still can’t get the @#@$%%$%^^&@@##$ lawn mower working so I am going to spend two more hours on it and then curse the rain gods and go and rent a mower on Monday. The ground is still too mushy to run a mower over now but it hasn’t rained much for two days so it is starting to dry and, hopefully, by Monday it should be okay. Yeah.
    Tomorrow, FOOTBALL. RAH, RAH, RAH!!!!! Hopefully the Tigers will run over some Badgers. If you like smash mouth football, you really need to see Leonard Fournette run.Report

• Avatar Maribou in reply to dexter

That’s major progress, @dexter – have been thinking of you and the fam regularly. Glad you have some football planned for the weekend and not just more and more work. GO TIGERS! (My workplace’s team is the Tigers, as well – though we don’t have football – so I’ll happily accept your team instead :D.)Report

• Avatar Slade the Leveller in reply to dexter

As it turns out, LSU was good at smashmouth football even after the play ended.Report

5. Avatar dexter

@marabou, Thanks a lot. We are really much luckier than a lot of people. My wife’s family is super tight and has an amazing work ethic. I still can’t get the lawnmower working, but all in all, things are okay. And thanks again.
    One of the things that cracked me up about “The Walking Dead’ is that after three or four years, the lawns aren’t tall. We haven’t mowed in two weeks and the grass is over a foot in some places.Report

6. Avatar Aaron David

Just reserved a hotel room for my sons graduation. I don’t know whether to be joyous or terrified.Report

7. Avatar Kimmi

Your state fair has art? (and not farm animal art? or pie art?)Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Kimmi

Arts/Crafts kind of art in the one building (quilts, cross-stitch, needlepoint) and “Modern” art in another. The good stuff is the stuff that’s welded, the bad stuff is the thick and viscous paints poured over a grill and the drips left to dry and then the grill is hung up on the wall.Report