Weekend!

Jaybird

1. Avatar veronica d says:

I’ll be in surgery tomorrow, just a minor alteration to make this bloated meatsack slightly more pleasant to live in.

It’s low risk, but I will be under anesthesia, so yeah.Report

2. Avatar Miss Mary says:

Famous last words, JB. 😉

I don’t usually have trouble in social situations, but meeting strangers always takes a little while to become comfortable. Actually, the more I think about it, the more precarious it is. Thanks a lot! As a millennial, I don’t think much of meeting strangers from the Internet. They’re just like any other stranger. But when you point it out…Report

• Avatar veronica d says:

The correct way to interact with strangers:

1. stare at floor

2. Twitch randomly

3. Occasionally emit a “meep.”Report

3. Avatar Mike Dwyer says:

Chicken thighs are finally getting the credit they are due. And they’re so much cheaper! I’ve almost forsaken chicken breasts completely. My favorite recipe is to give them a heavy dusting of turmeric and then saute them on the stove top in some olive oil. Then I chop them up and serve them with some Alabama White Sauce right off the cutting board.Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

I knew that I needed to cook with them in my slow cooker in order to make the dishes taste better… but this whole “try them grilled” thing hit me and the only thing that made them not delicious was the sour taste from taking *THIS* long to finally try it.

I’m a fan of orange juice, liquid smoke, and olive oil and then sprinkling one of the 13 kinds of Mrs. Dash on them while they’re on the grill.Report

• Avatar Mike Dwyer says:

They honestly don’t need much help at all. I’ve done them on the grill with a little salt & pepper and they were great.Report

• Avatar aaron David says:

Rub mustard under the skin. You will thank me later.Report

• Avatar Fish says:

I grill chicken thighs (I prefer boneless and skinless) using the same seasoning I use for fried chicken, without the breading: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder. It’s the first non-macaroni and cheese food that my youngest son actually requested I make, so it’s become a staple. And when I grill them, I leave them folded on low heat and it seems to trap quite a bit of moisture in my thighs.

Wait…that came out all wrong…Report

4. Oh, shit, I don’t have to use my company manners, do I? Given how well we all know each other, I figured that would just confuse people.Report

• Avatar Maribou says:

@mike-schilling Nope, you don’t. And Jaybird will be fine. Just know that if he’s acting weird, it’s not (any of) you in particular, just social situations with in-person-for-the-first-time people in general.

That goes for me too, for that matter :D.Report

• Avatar North says:

Seriously, when I first met JB I was afraid he was going to faint, he looked so nervous at first, but then I think I talked like the whole time so God(ess?) only knows what kind of impression I gave in return. I really need to visit CO sometime when we can hang out and play some games in a more relaxed setting instead of with my husbands extended family looking on.Report

5. Avatar Marchmaine says:

Hope to hear some fun stories from Portland.

If I were there, I’d front a round of Chartreuse for everyone.Report

6. Avatar Damon says:

Busted my ass for the last 2 weeks. Missed jujitsu classes, ate crap. Taking a 4 day weekend to catch up with friends, have some good food and drinks, play games, cook, relax, research next vacation, etc.

Might pay a bill or two as well and clean the car if I get really motivated.

Enjoy LeagueFest.Report