LeagueFest 2016: It’s Time

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Burt Likko

Safe travels to everyone already on their way.Report

2. Avatar Tod Kelly

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!Report

3. Avatar Miss Mary

“I’ll be the guy with the beard who’s probably been drinking a little bit.” That’s like 60% of the men in Portland. You’ll fit right in, Burt.

See you all soon!Report

• Avatar Burt Likko in reply to Miss Mary

This one time, when I lived in Knoxville, I agreed to meet up with a friend to see a Vols game. We agreed to meet up at the intersection right near campus. When he couldn’t find me easily, he called me up and asked, “Where are you?” I told him “I’m right here! I’m the guy wearing the orange T-shirt.” Of course, everyone in about a three-mile radius was wearing orange t-shirts.

I figured, this would be a similarly helpful piece of information.Report

4. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Can’t wait to meet you all, see a little baseball, drink a little,and not work.Report

5. Avatar Zac Black

Man, I am really excited to meet you guys. I’ve been reading this site daily since pretty much right after its inception (even though I didn’t start participating in any way ’til relatively recently) and so I’ve basically been reading this place since my early twenties (I turn thirty in a month). In a lot of ways some of you have been more influential on my thinking than perhaps anyone else out there, so…I dunno, I feel like I really need to thank you guys in person. Apologies in advance if I make it weird.

Also, big shout-out to Slade for helping me out with lodging, he’s really doing me a big solid; I would not have been able to make it there without him.Report

6. Avatar Saul Degraw

I’m jealous and sad that this was not in the cards for me this year.Report

7. Avatar Jaybird

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I’m buzzing and I don’t even know how I’m going to sleep tonight.

Not, like, drugs/alcohol buzzing.Report

8. Avatar Jaybird

Everything always takes longer than it takes. Even when you take that into account.

We’re finally checked into the room and need to take a half hour to do two of the three s’es.

9. Avatar Kazzy

Have fun all you rat bastards.Report

10. Avatar Jaybird

We had a real-life elevator etiquette issue.

Trying to go downstairs last night, two elevators in a row had 15+ people in them. Which is, seriously, nuts. So we caught one that was going up, made it to the top where it filled, then rode it to the bottom floor, where we wanted to go in the first place.Report

11. Avatar El Muneco

A couple of co-workers are vacationing in Portland right now. Despite the anonymity of the intertubes, I’m pretty sure neither of them is among you.Report