The Leaguefest PDX Travelogue Extravaganza!

Tod Kelly

Tod is a writer from the Pacific Northwest. He is also serves as Executive Producer and host of both the 7 Deadly Sins Show at Portland's historic Mission Theatre and 7DS: Pants On Fire! at the White Eagle Hotel & Saloon. He is  a regular inactive for Marie Claire International and the Daily Beast, and is currently writing a book on the sudden rise of exorcisms in the United States. Follow him on Twitter.

1. Avatar Burt Likko

For Mrs. Likko and I, there will almost certainly be a distillery tour in the works. Portland Underground sounds really fun too. I’ve seen the Saturday market and it’s remarkable and worth your time. The food carts, food trucks, and food cart-pod-assembly areas are all you need for lunch unless you’re going to sample local brews (and who says this is a mutually exclusive decision?).

All this, and not even mentioning a visit to Powell’s. For shame, Burt.Report

2. Avatar Miss Mary

Thank you for your kind words, Tod, but you did a fantastic job on this post. The wine tour above is expensive, but I’d be happy to show a group of people around to some of my favorite wineries if you don’t mind an amateur wine tour. My car is fairly small and will only hold four adults, but showing of my home town is a joy for me. I’m happy to play taxi driver next week if it makes Leaguefest easier for people to enjoy. 🙂Report

3. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Is there a car share service in Portland? This might be a nice way for a group of us to go somewhere.Report

4. Avatar North

Man I loved Powels books when I visited. Hubby had to drag me out of there. I wish I was going again.Report

5. Avatar Damon

For all you guys going, personal recommendations on Cannon Beach, OSMI, the Japanese Garden, and the Falls. All are kick ass.

If you’re in the area and have more free time, check out Crater Lake and Mt. St. Helens (in Washington State). Both are kick ass too.

Enjoy.Report

6. Avatar Mike Schilling

The Underground walking tour will introduce you to PDX’s history of crime, vice, and immortality

But enough about the Trailblazers.Report