Veepstakes Update

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering litigator. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Recovering Former Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Burt Likko says:

That’s a $100.00 pledge from Dr. Russell Saunders, thank you very much for the generous pledge and may the odds be in your favor!

(Now, that bumps me out of contention, so I’m going to think for a few minutes about where I want to put my money next…)Report

2. Avatar Marchmaine says:

Hmmn… so Team Green is riding the Kaine/Gingrich train to victory?Report

3. Avatar Marchmaine says:

Possibly… but both Trump/Gingrich and Clinton/Kaine seem ripe for some wild Wildean aphorisms that I’m not clever enough to conceive.Report

4. Avatar Aaron David says:

I’ll take J for $40 Alex, I mean Burt…Report

5. Is there a way to just donate? I could make a small donation, but don’t want to play the veepstakes.Report

6. Avatar Alan Scott says:

Hmm. With that shortlist, I’m thinking Michelle was pretty smart to outbid me for group H. I’ve still got a few live ones in group A, though.Report

7. Avatar Fortytwo says:

Could you post a zoomable link to the board? It’s too blurry to read on my phone.Report

8. Avatar Fortytwo says:

I got $50 on block J and $50 on block E.Report

9. $40 on group D. I’d pay that just to see the Tancredo/Hickenlooper all-Colorado VP debate.Report

10. Avatar Elizabeth Picciuto says:

$45 on H, please!Report

11. Avatar Burt Likko says:

Now I’m not saying that it’ll either be Gingrich or Christie on the Republican side.

But I think the Washington Post is saying pretty much that it’ll be either Gingrich or Christie.

So your time to jump into, or back onto, the board here may be drawing near.Report

• Avatar Alan Scott in reply to Burt Likko says:

Hey, who’s not in it right now and looking for a place to bid? Because with Kaine/Gingritch, B is still a steal. I’d snap that up If I weren’t already in for $35 on another group.Report

12. Avatar Burt Likko says:

Attention! Trump shortlist leaked! (Well, maybe.)

Christie and Gingrich still in contention. Announcement expected on Friday. Reminder: once the announcement is made, pledges are locked in.Report

13. Avatar Francis says:

Looks like none of the above is the winner!Report