Update on Leaguefest: Attendee Input Needed!

Tod Kelly

Tod is a writer from the Pacific Northwest. He is also serves as Executive Producer and host of both the 7 Deadly Sins Show at Portland's historic Mission Theatre and 7DS: Pants On Fire! at the White Eagle Hotel & Saloon. He is  a regular inactive for Marie Claire International and the Daily Beast, and is currently writing a book on the sudden rise of exorcisms in the United States. Follow him on Twitter.

1. Avatar Burt Likko

As if I didn’t dislike Donald Trump enough before, now he’s going to be depriving us of Our Tod’s company on Saturday night! Ugh.

Anyway, I propose the following as a rubric for resolving the matter. Of the five options presented here, vote for a first, second, and third choice. Each first choice vote will get three points; each second choice vote will get two points; each third choice vote gets one point. However far enough in advance Our Tod needs to make reservations, or by the time comments close in a week, the most points collected will be our Saturday night venue.

Since a reservation needs to be made, be sure to include your head count to facilitate that.

My head count is two (my wife and I) and I vote 1st) Andina, 2nd) Clyde Common, 3rd) Blue Hour.Report

2. Avatar Maribou

Before I vote, do we know anything about how flexible / accommodating / trustworthy any of these places are about allergies?

Because while I don’t mind getting some onion hives, I’d rather not throw up or have trouble breathing if they blow off any of my other allergies as “being fussy” (has happened).

Oh, and another question:

How loud are places? I hate to admit it but I can understand almost nothing of a conversation – even the one right next to me – if it’s taking place in an extremely loud restaurant. One of the things I loved about Leaguefest in Vegas was that we had a huge family style table BUT we could also hear each other talk…

If we don’t know these answers, I will guess, but I’d rather know if I can.Report

3. Avatar North

Congratulations on the assignment my Todd and condolences on how it’ll be playing Cain with your schedule.
    I suppose it’s bitter consolation for my own inability to get out to Leaguefest.Report

4. Avatar Mike Schilling

My choices would by

1. Pok Pok
    2. Over and Shaker
    3. Andina

But see the note about noise, above. If we won’t be able to talk comfortably, the food is irrelevant.Report

5. Avatar Marchmaine

In absentia (so weight accordingly), I vote for Andina… looks spectacular.

Would love to see pictures, and even of the people too, I guess.Report

6. Avatar Maribou

OK, my votes are
    1. Clyde Common
    2. Andina
    3. Oven and Shaker.

I will let @jaybird both headcount for himself and vote for himself.Report

7. Avatar Vikram Bath

What a great post.

1 (tie). Andina
    1 (tie). Pok Pok
    3. Oven and Shaker
    4. Clyde
    5. Blue Hour

Though really I feel like with these descriptions we are likely to go to more than one of these anyway.Report

8. Avatar Roland Dodds

My wife and I are fine with any of the options, but I would agree that the quieter/ less crowded option is the best one. Chances are I will have my daughter in tow, but she will leave with my wife once the meal is downed.Report

9. Avatar Burt Likko

@rtod and other Portlanders — we’ve had several requests for the quietest, least-crowded venue. Can we get some opinions on that?Report

10. Avatar Saul Degraw

Alas, I don’t think I can make it. I’ve been getting freelance projects but am trying to be more into keeping expenses down to a minimum until I figure out what to do with my career and life.Report

11. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Attending solo. My choices are:

1. Clyde Common
    2. Whatever the group decides.

I’m coming for the company, so the food is immaterial.Report

12. Avatar Burt Likko

As I count it, right now that’s a total of:

12.5 for Andina
    8 for Clyde Common
    5.5 for Pok Pok
    4 for Blue Hour
    3 for Oven and Shaker

With a head count of 9 + however many of Our Tod’s people choose to show up. That’s an intimate gathering by Leaguefest standards (which is cool) but I was under the impression that the total had count was going to be about twice that many.Report

13. Avatar Slade the Leveller

For those who are attending, have accommodations all been secured? I don’t have a room for Saturday night, and I’m willing to share. Also cool with staying by myself, just thought I’d ask. I can get a really sweet deal for the Aloft at PDX if anyone wants to take me up on it.

I’ll be at The Nines Friday night.Report