Saturday!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Murali

Pillars of eternity. Last weekend I played sword coast legends. It was a bit of a disappointment. No dual classing, and I couldn’t just reload my last save to see what happens if I had chosen differently. Very little replayability. Maybe that was because I played it on normal. Now I’,m playing pillars on hard and its interesting. I actually have to be smart in how I approach enemies and avoid some until I’m more powerful. No mowing them down easilyReport

2. Avatar Doctor Jay

Factorio. It has trains. It has belts. It has factories. It has robots. I have a tank with a cannon that I use to blow up bug spawners. I’m in hog heaven.Report

3. Avatar Will H.

I kinda liked Redneck Rampage (go figure), where you could pick up the crowbar and beat the guy at the liquor store in the head with it.

Also, Earthworm Jim.Report

4. Avatar Glyph

The only Ratchet and Clank I’ve played is All-4-One, which I guess some purists hate, but my kids and I think is a lot of fun. They are also excited about an upcoming movie I guess?Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Glyph

I think it’s more that the purists don’t really have 3 other people with whom to play.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Jaybird

You can play 1-4 players!

Actually, speaking of that, a minor irritation that maybe someone here can help with.

They have the Lego Movie Game (despite how much fun both the movie and the game are, typing that phrase makes me wince), and we played a good chunk of the game 2-player (around 20% completed or so). BUT, at one point we dropped one player out, and my son saved the game – and now it appears we cannot re-add the second player at that point, which means to play two-player it appears we need to return to a MUCH earlier save point (around 2%) and do a bunch of levels all over again.

Is this for sure the case, or is there some other way to re-add a second player at (or slightly beyond) the 20% point?Report

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Glyph

Is there an account synced with the second controller?Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Jaybird

I think so? We never had an issue at any prior point in the game just adding a second player at any time, and when I go back the the (much earlier) save point, I can add a second player/controller no problem. Just not at this point. It’s really frustrating and AFAICT it has to do with the fact that at the last save, there was only one player/controller playing.Report

5. Avatar James K

I’m still playing through Dragon Age: Inquisiton. I’m glad I left Fighter to my 3rd playthrough – I find it less fun that the rogue and mage.

I’m also eagerly devouring everything Paradox are putting out about Stellaris – just a month to go now.Report

6. Avatar dhex

also coming out tuesday – dark souls 3. oh hell and damn yes.Report

7. Avatar Glyph

Not a new game, but I got LittleBigPlanet for the kids, and they seem to be enjoying it. I am too, truth be told; it’s like being in a adorable, non-menacing Brothers Quay movie or something.Report

8. Avatar Pyre

The movie is coming out on the 29th.Report

9. Avatar Autolukos

I’m replaying Mass Effect. For all the genuine improvements in the shooter elements in later games, I still wish they had retained the first game’s heat mechanics at least in part.Report

• Avatar Morat20 in reply to Autolukos

“Reloading is fun”.

Direct quote from one of the designers.

I have to say that other than that, ME2 was a practically flawless game. ME3 had problems, but it’s multiplayer was ridiculously fun. It took ages for me to try it, because I was convinced it was going to be a BS, poorly thought-out, bolted on attachment because “everyone has to have multiplayer”.

Nope. Serious fun.Report

10. Avatar Fish

XCOM 2. I’m playing in Ironman mode for pretty much the first time, and it’s been a harsh lesson on just how much I depend on save-scumming. I apparently suck at this game! 🙂Report