R Vegas Debate(s) Live-Love-Hate Feed and Open Thread

CK MacLeod

WordPresser: Writing since ancient times, blogging, e-commercing, and site installing-designing-maintaining since 2001.

1. Avatar North says:

I may hate twitter but I applaud your effort here. It looks like it’s working nicely.Report

2. Avatar greginak says:

Have i missed the part where all the stupid things R’s say or do is the fault of Obama or liberals? Apparently not according to what Ricky S has said.Report

3. Avatar Kazzy says:

I honestly can’t believe half these questions are being asked. We really need to ask Presidential candidates about what forms of “anti-Americanism” are subject to monitoring? And listen as a candidate says pretty much anything and everything should be monitored? We’re seriously listening to the leaders of a major party debate whether we should ban people of a particular faith? WHAT. THE. FUCK!Report

• Avatar notme says:

At least they take the threat seriously and are willing to discuss it, unlike Obama who seems to think that if he ignores ISIS long enough it will go away.Report

• Avatar Kazzy says:

How many Americans has ISIS killed on our soil?Report

• Avatar Michelle says:

Yeah, all those bombing missions = not taking the threat seriously. Nothing besides boots on the ground (as long as it’s not their kids wearing them) constitutes serious for the GOP who’ve been itching for another Middle East war since Bush left office.Report

• Avatar greginak says:

We’ve been bombing ISIS for something like a year. We are supporting the Kurds who have had recent victories. Those are tangible actions we have taken. Ignoring those doesn’t make you look credible. You want to criticize the admin, that is easy peasy: their idea to arm and train “moderate” rebels was always doomed to fail since there are almost never any real moderates in a nasty multi party civil war. The admin hasn’t seemed to have decided which bunch of bastards is the most dangerous and who we need to chill on: Assad or ISIS. We can’t push for both to fall. Gotta pick one and it isn’t clear they have done that.Report

• Avatar notme says:

Yes a year but half hearted efforts from the article:

“You went 12 full months while ISIS was on the march without the U.S. using that air power and now as the pilots come back to talk to us they say three-quarters of our ordnance we can’t drop, we can’t get clearance even when we have a clear target in front of us,” said House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce, R-Calif, while retired four-star U.S. general Jack Keane labeled the policy ” an absurdity from the beginning.”

“While it took the U.S. fifteen months to even begin targeting ISIS’ oil refineries and tankers, air strikes by Moscow destroyed more than 1,000 tankers in a period of just five days.”Report

• Avatar North says:

Yeah notme is the GOP in a microcosm on this subject; empty belligerence, towering hypocrisy and alarmingly profligate with the lives of other people’s children. We really really need to elect another Dem to the Presidency.Report

• Avatar Richard Hershberger says:

My take on the mindset is that it is like sitting on the can while constipated: the solution is to exert one’s willpower while pushing and grunting really really hard.Report

4. Avatar Michelle says:

Bravo to you brave souls who are watching this thing. Reading the summaries is hard enough.Report

5. Avatar Jaybird says:

Brave souls: did they talk about weed?Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

Going through my twitter feed, apparently a number of candidates have been playing Fallout 4 and enjoying the hell out of it.Report

• Avatar Roland Dodds says:

That would explain Trump’s worldview.Report

• Avatar Morat20 says:

Part of me wonders what you could derive from their playstyle. I mean, speaking for myself, I keep tweaking settlements, adding defenses, planting crops, rebuilding houses…..(that stupid 20 person limit is annoying. I’m about to fence off a foundation in Sanctuary to hold my mutated cows. I built one two story house and it contains half the beds needed for the max population I could ever have).

Speaking of which, gotta get that new generator set up, add some more turrets, maybe make sure the Great Wall of Sanctuary remains strong. (And hey, I’m pro-immigration!. Just anti-invasion).Report

• About, or as if they had over-indulged in?Report

6. Avatar CK MacLeod says:

And furthermore… on the other most critical R question… I liked Wicked Mango and could imagine drinking myself to death with it, in a pinch.Report

7. Avatar Michael Drew says:

I was unable to participate. But I’m kind of okay with that, bc I am LOLing at it in all its no-me-to-cringe-at glory rt nw.

Well played all.Report