In Which My Brain Ends Up At NewsRadio

Sam Wilkinson

According to a faithful reader, I'm Ordinary Times's "least thoughtful writer." So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

1. Avatar Glyph

Let’s not forget Milton (“I’m gonna put strychnine in the guacamole”) Waddams!

He was also one of the few non-ridiculous (deeply sad, actually) bits of True Blood (what I saw of it, anyway – I only watched the first season, maybe some of the second).

If you are looking for comic yellers, John Cleese is your prototype (or, I suppose, Gleason).Report

2. Avatar Chris

Dude, I quote that scene constantly. I’ve quoted it here (e.g.)!

“I coughed up something that look like escargot this morning” is perfect.

Also, one of my favorite shows ever. Man I miss Hartman.Report

• Avatar Kazzy in reply to Chris

I was vaguely reminded of the scene in “Anchor Man” where they swap war stories after the party.

“I pooped a squirrel.”
      “Champ, I ate your chocolate squirrel.”

I wonder if that was a callback.

And, yea, we all miss Hartman.Report

3. Avatar Will Truman

NewsRadio was pretty awesome. Holds up really well. Last season excepted.

Which is kind of funny, because even though Hartmann was the “name” on the show, his character didn’t seem to hold it together as much as it apparently did.

And Jimmy James was just a fantastic character.Report

4. Avatar Oscar Gordon

Any mention of Stephen Root without mentioning Tripping The Rift is just incomplete.Report

5. Avatar aarondavid

I present Stephen Root in Super Karate Monkey Death Car!

(This is the funniest scene to me from News Radio)Report

6. Avatar Miss Mary

I have seen every single episode of this show when I was like 11. I don’t know why I liked it so much back then, but I still like it today. Brains are weird!Report

7. Avatar Mike Schilling

What blows my mind is all the scenes with Andy Dick where the other characters don’t yell at him.Report