Breakfast for Lunch

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Miss Mary says:

Your doctor will slap that right out of your mouth.Report

2. Avatar Oscar Gordon says:

About damn time too!Report

3. Avatar Will Truman says:

Some people on Twitter made the mistake of underestimating the popularity of McDonald’s breakfasts.Report

4. Avatar gingergene says:

If a single Sausage McMuffin ™ is all you need for lunch, you’re a better man than I. Can you really forgo the hashbrown and still make it to dinner?Report

• Avatar Damon says:

Bet that hash brown goes well if you stack it in the mcmuffin!Report

• Avatar Burt Likko says:

If I were still permitting myself to eat fried fast food on a regular basis (I’m down 25 pounds!) I’d prefer that hash brown oval to french fries, onion rings, tots, or pretty much any other deep fried crispy-salty-starchy side order one might care to proffer. The McDonald’s hash brown disc is thick enough to actually taste like a potato rather than just the vegetable oil it’s been fried in, and is still crispy enough to satisfy a craving for crunchiness while biting and chewing.

But, I’m not eating that stuff all that much these days. I get that tactile sensation from celery and cucumbers mainly these days, which is healthier … but a lot less fun.Report

• Avatar Damon says:

Congrats to you. I lost some good amount of poundage not eating carbs as well. Sadly, I’ve plateaued currently. I am NOT giving up my booze.Report

• Avatar gingergene says:

You must be from Pittsburgh. FYI, the second photo on that page is just about the perfect encapsulation of the 70’s. Those guys look like they wandered off the set of Welcome Back, Kotter and decided to stick around to make sandwiches.Report

5. Avatar Saul Degraw says:

I go to the salad bar at Whole Foods.Report

6. Avatar Kazzy says:

Stop trying to make fetch happen.Report

7. Avatar Burt Likko says:

My local McDonalds didn’t wait. I had a sausage McMuffin with egg for dinner tonight!Report