Weekend!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Burt Likko

Brewing! This time around, it’s a simple fruit cider. Orange-rind cream ale is ready to go so it’s time to get some more fermentation happening. I think a simple green apple cider is what the doctor’s going to order up in the three weeks or so it’ll take us to go through the beer. cider ferments faster than beer, so we can have this stuff ready for a 4th of July barbecue.Report

2. Avatar Will Truman

Tomorrow we’re going down to the elementary school to talk to some more development specialists about Lain. We think that they’re going to tell us that she has progressed out of the state’s development assistence program. Or they’ll tell us that she hasn’t, which will make us sad but will mean free day care.

We’ve had some truly amazing progress on the sleeping front. There is an ebb and flow, but the bad nights are better than the good nights used to be, for the most part. We’ve got her completely off of night milk, and she is relying less on us to soothe her.

I’m hoping to actually get some TV watching done, but life keeps intervening.Report

3. Avatar Will Truman

Hey, does anybody here have a Pebble Watch? I got one, and I’m looking for some interesting apps.Report

4. Avatar Maribou

Plz to note that we’ll still have a futon mattress on the grown-up bed, and that the grown-up bed cost 200 (on deep sale) and has to be put together, so I’m not sure HOW grown-up it is. BUT, it is not broken, and it superficially LOOKS like a grown-up bed, and that means we will be a 2 grown-up bed household, and man, that’s weird. And grown up. An actual bed for guests to sleep on!

Other than putting the bedframe together and helping with getting the old stuff into the truck for the dump run (THANK YOU FISH), my biggest hopes for the weekend are a) reading a lot, b) actually writing some review thingers so I can post more bookposts to my blog, c) resting. Oh, and I have a therapy appointment on Monday.Report

5. Avatar Glyph

I’d like to get some home projects done. I have some painting I’d like to do, and a lotta dirt I gotta move (a good friend once told me that much of human existence is schlepping heavy objects from one place to another, then back again. The challenge is to find this Zen, rather than Sisyphean).

I also cracked my first book in a while (Bone Clocks). Hoping to maintain momentum, as it was only the topmost book in my ‘to-read’ stack.Report

6. Avatar Saul Degraw

My GF is going to be out of the country for most of June including her birthday.

She is having a picnic on Saturday and Sunday we are going to SPQR to celebrate:

7. Avatar Mike Dwyer

At the airport now, heading home from Manchester,NH after two weeks on the road. Going to kiss the wife and the dogs and enjoy a weekend of nothing.Report

8. Avatar aaron david

Meeting my best friend of 25 years’ new girlfriend for dinner on Sat.Report

9. Avatar Miss Mary

Memorial BBQ Sunday for my deceased brother as we approach the anniversary of his death. Hanging with my bestie on Saturday. He’s determined to make me feel better since I didn’t get that job I really wanted.

I’m not on call this weekend!!!Report

10. Avatar Joe Sal

Replaced a washer machine last weekend. New one installed, but playing catchup on chores.

As mentioned last weekend I will explain the instructions of the oyster mushroom kit that is currently waiting assembly. *some instructions abbreviated/liberated and spell corrected/incorrected

1. wash hands, put on clean latex gloves
    2. empty bag of hardwood pellets into lower tray of terrarium, spread evenly
    3. boil 1 1/3 cup water and pour evenly over pellets, allow time for pellets to expand
    4. make 4 evenly spaced holes in wood fluff and apply spore medium into holes
    5. in one to two weeks white mycelium will be growing, take care that no other funk is growing in there (bacteria and such) or the mycelium could perish.
    6. 1-2 weeks after the mycelium grows, star-like pinheads will begin to form. When these baby mushrooms begin to form. place the terrarium base near moderate sunlight and moisten each day with approx. 1/4 cup of cold water.
    7. within 4-6 weeks mushrooms should be ready to harvest. To harvest wash hands and twist mushrooms out of the woodfill softly not disturbing the woodfill. Do not dig into the woodfill. Harvest as soon as the caps start to split.
    8. after harvesting, “cold shock” the woodfill with cold water to stimulate the mycelium to grow again.
    9. if cold shock worked, goto step 5.

mentions 2-3 grow cycles are average for the kit

Hope everyone fares well this weekend!Report

11. Avatar dragonfrog

We’re in Rosebud Alberta ttoday, having watched the opening of Fledermaus’s show (costumes on The Wizard of Oz!).

Probably the next stop is the Tyrell dinosaur museum, which I haven’t visited since I was little, and kiddo has never seen. Depending when we get back to town, I might go out dancing tonight.Report