Ruining Our Childhoods

1. Avatar j r

What’s horrifying about it? I laughed a few times, which is a few times more than I laugh at most current sitcoms.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to j r

I did like the joke about Gonzo and Miss Peggy performing A.R. Gurney’s Love Letters for a month in Detroit. That image made me laugh. Some others were funny but the whole Office/Reality Show angle and the Fuzzy Bear relationship thing….Report

2. Avatar greginak

Meh…when the trailers hit for Fraggle Rock 2: Doozers After Dark then i’ll consider my childhood retroactively ruined.Report

3. Avatar aaron david

I’ll watch if it has Franklin on it:

4. Avatar Alan Scott

I don’t see how that trailer is in any way edgy.

It’s certainly more contemporary than the old show, but it’s not exactly post-watershed content.Report

5. Avatar Jaybird

Poop jokes for the kids, interracial dating jokes for the grownups.Report

6. Avatar LeeEsq

This atrocity must be stopped.Report

7. Avatar Kolohe

1) Why do you hate the breaking of the 4th wall, Saul?

2) The original muppet show was built on parodies of the pop culture tropes of the day. Now, it would be the office. Back then, it was PIGS. IN. SPAAAAAACE.

3) The original Muppet movie is pretty dark, with the frogs legs restaurant and Kermit winding up in a electric chair at one point. (and like jaybird already said, whatever is going on between Gonzo and Camilla. NTTAWWT)

4) I will be disappointed if they don’t also bring back musical acts

8. Avatar North

Look it’s just good they’re still working on the property, it deserves a chance and as, Kolohe very aptly observed, the original Muppet show was this way too.Report

9. Avatar North

I watched the trailer. The jokes were good, I got several grins, snorts and a chuckle. That’s good stuff. The voices were painful, not because they aren’t good but because they aren’t the ones from our childhoods. That cannot be helped, tempus fugit, all men are mortal.
    It looks very promising, I will be watching.Report