Saturday!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Road Scholar

What am I playing? Geocaching this morning at a rest area in Nebraska. Started this game/hobby at the urging of my oldest daughter last fall. I don’t have a great number of finds yet but the ones I have are spread all over the country. Literally coast to coast.Report

• Avatar aaron david in reply to Road Scholar

I would think you have an almost perfect profession for that.Report

• Avatar Road Scholar in reply to aaron david

Yes and no. It’s good for picking up caches as part of a nice little break in my day. A little exercise, stretch my legs. But I’m pretty much limited to caches within reasonable walking distance from truck parking. So mostly rest areas and pull-offs for historical markers and such. But yeah, a fair number of truckers do this.

When I’m home we like to go caching as a family activity, too.Report

2. Avatar Brandon Berg

Why were characters in 80s breakfast food commercials such terrible people?Report

3. Avatar Reformed Republican

I am also playing Pillars. My first character was a Druid, but I was not enjoying it. I started over with a cipher, and I am enjoying the class more.Report

4. Avatar Slade the Leveller

Golf! It’s finally temperate enough to play here in the Windy City and I’m making the most of it.Report

5. Avatar DavidTC

I am playing Survivalist, which is the zombie survival rebuilt society game I wanted State of Decay to be, but wasn’t.Report

6. Avatar Will H.

Short answer:
    I want a Civ IV.V.
    I like the leaders from Civ IV, and the greater number of civilizations. And the espionage screen.
    OTOH, Civ V has city-states, giant death robots, hex grid, and a few other tweaks I really like.

That said, I will probably need a new computer to run Civ VI.Report

• Avatar Burt Likko in reply to Will H.

I like the city-states but I don’t like that you can only take like two of them before they all unite against you. The whole point of the city-states is that they try to play the larger powers off one another and cause wars. But when they all unite against you, it’s just a huge war and you become the big meanie and the whole world unites against you all at once to save poor little Ragusa who really had it coming anyway.

I like the giant death robots. Damn cool.

Other than that, not having the ability to stack dozens of units and expend truly obscene amounts of war materiel takes a bit of my joy away.

And while it should be tough to build a Wonder of the World, it should also be possible to do so without crippling your entire civilization, else what’s the point of having them?

Neutral on hex versus square tiles.

I preferred Civ IV to Civ V.Report