Where Doctor Seuss Made A Mistake

Jaybird

1. Avatar North

Sweet googly moogly.Report

2. Avatar Glyph

I’m going the Bowie/cheapskate route and just getting one done.Report

3. Avatar morat20

Weird. Didn’t know that about eye color though.

It’d be weird to look into a mirror and see blue eyes staring back, though.Report

4. Avatar greginak

Meh. I’m saving up for a Uvula enhancement.Report

5. Avatar veronica d

My eyes are already blue.

Fuckers trying to steal my edge!Report

6. Avatar aaron david

Mmm, my eyes already change color between blue, green and grey.Report

7. Avatar Saul Degraw

Did they see the Boys from Brazil?

I like having brown-green eyes.

Fishing AryanizersReport

• Avatar Jaybird in reply to Saul Degraw

If I wanted to become Jewish, how difficult would it be?

Is there an operation I could undergo?Report

• Avatar aaron david in reply to Jaybird

Yes, but they prefer it done on the 8th day.Report

• Avatar LeeEsq in reply to Jaybird

Jaybird, the answer it depends but the process of becoming Jewish is usually fairly difficult for a variety of theological and sociological reasons. Theologically, Jews saw no needs in making gentiles Jewish because ideas about life after death were fuzzy at best and it was generally assumed that God wouldn’t punish gentiles for being gentiles. He created them to. Therefore, the Rabbis adopted stringent standards for conversion during Talmudic times. A gentile who wanted to become a Jew most not have mecurial aims, including wanting to marry a Jew, must accept the “yoke of heaven” and agree to follow all the laws of the Torah, have a ritual immesion in a mikveh, and if a man get circumicized.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Jaybird

must accept the “yoke of heaven”

But I thought you shouldn’t convert just for the yokes….

• Avatar Chris in reply to Jaybird

“It offends me as a comedian.”Report

• Avatar Will H. in reply to Jaybird

I have put a bit of thought into this, as I too have considered converting to Judaism.
        First of all, I would like to kill the baby Jesus. Secondly, I am already circumcised.
        So, I’ve got the two biggies out of the way . . .

It’s the beard.
        I have difficulty getting a decent goatee going.
        And there are at least seven different colors of hair in my beard. In fact, it might be half an inch over or more until another hair of the same color occurs.

Maybe there’s a Reform movement somewhere that would allow falsies.Report

• Avatar Kim in reply to Jaybird

Will,
        you don’t need a beard to be Jewish.
        (I think even Muslims have it as “recommended” simply because Mohammed wore one).

I should like to see a picture of said multicolored beard.Report

8. Avatar kenB

That’s going to add a whole new wrinkle to the Blue Eyes puzzle.Report

9. Avatar Troublesome Frog

I had a friend who would wear one colored contact until people noticed that he “had two different colored eyes.” Then he would switch which side he wore it on.Report

10. Avatar Mike Schilling

The no-frills version is a dozen cases of cheap booze, to turn them permanently red.Report

11. Avatar Will H.