Ghost!

Glyph

Glyph is worse than some and better than others. He believes that life is just one damned thing after another, that only pop music can save us now, and that mercy is the mark of a great man (but he's just all right). Nothing he writes here should be taken as an indication that he knows anything about anything.

1. Avatar greginak

Have you listened to any Future Islands? They sound very synth 80’s. Good stuff, good vocalist. They put on a good show from the clips i’ve seen.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to greginak

I saw a Letterman clip and TBH, I wasn’t really sure what to make of it. The singer had some sort of Tom Jones thing going on I thought. But I have a friend who really loves them, I should give them another shot.Report

• Avatar greginak in reply to Glyph

@glyph There new album, Singles, is very good. Tom Jones is a good take on the lead singer; he really has a ton of energy and charisma and throws himself into the songs. Very passionate. On the record the song are simple electro pop that could easily fit in the 80’s The Letterman clip is good and i also watched a Austin City Limits show on you tube. Their live sound is a bit different from recorded. Good stuff.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to Glyph

I saw a Letterman clip

Were they singing the theme from A Summer Place?Report

2. Avatar Saul Degraw

I was expecting this to be about Holy Ghost!Report

3. Avatar dhex

or ghost (japan) or ghost bc.

or the third eye foundation album.

but yes faith in strangers is absolutely fantastic. also an excellent example of cover art giving you the content.Report

4. Avatar Chris

Listening to the first song, my son said, “That’s spooky.” Another accurately named band, then.Report