Stay Classy, Dinesh

Mike Schilling

Mike has been a software engineer far longer than he would like to admit. He has strong opinions on baseball, software, science fiction, comedy, contract bridge, and European history, any of which he's willing to share with almost no prompting whatsoever.

1. Avatar Tod Kelly

OOOOOOO!!!!! Fun! Can I play?

@rtodkelly AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: MLK was targeted by J. Edgar Hoover, an unsavory character; I was targeted by the equally unsavory AT&T customer service rep who put me on hold and then dropped the call.

@TrickyDickNix AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: MLK was targeted by J. Edgar Hoover, an unsavory character; I was targeted by the equally unsavory Bob Woodward

@DonLemon AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: MLK was targeted by J. Edgar Hoover, an unsavory character; I was targeted by the equally unsavory @FoxNews

@charlesjohnson AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: MLK was targeted by J. Edgar Hoover, an unsavory character; I was targeted by the equally unsavory charles johnson

@TheREALAdolphH AN INTERESTING PARALLEL: MLK was targeted by J. Edgar Hoover, an unsavory character; I was targeted by the equally unsavory Joseph StalinReport

2. Avatar Glyph

An “interesting” parallel indeed, for certain values of the words “interesting” and “parallel”. His ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to his newsletter/Twitter feed.

Why is anyone still paying attention to this clown?Report

3. Avatar Jim Heffman

I remember when usenet kooks were easy to spot because they compared themselves to Galileo.Report

4. Avatar Roger

It’s fun shooting conservative fish in a barrel. It would be more productive though if there were actually conservatives here to defend them. There simply is not much diversity on this site in terms of conservatives. I would love it if they got into the scrap, but not sure the site could handle the controversy.

For some reason the left and libertarianish types are able to barely scrape by with some degree of decency. I think adding conservatives would probably lead to some serious fireworks. There are certain taboos of the left which could not stomach the far right. They say some seriously controversial stuff. Especially about gays and minorities.Report

• Avatar North in reply to Roger

An interesting perspective Roger. It bears noting that while formal bans have been very rare the sites conservative population mostly elected to relocate to where they’d get argued with less. Possibly the marketplace of ideas in action? Also I’d enjoy reading your example of a left wing version of Dinesh who has similar stature on the left that Dinesh has/had on the right. I know he modelled his movie making off of Moore didn’t he?Report

5. Avatar Brandon Berg

Eh. It’s about as apt a comparison as “wage slavery.”Report

6. Avatar Rufus F.

I never know what to say about things like this. I’d like to comment, but it’s pretty much in line with what I thought before of the guy- actually after reading that Weekly Standard thing you linked- and he still sounds like a mountebank.Report