New Noise!

Glyph

Glyph is worse than some and better than others. He believes that life is just one damned thing after another, that only pop music can save us now, and that mercy is the mark of a great man (but he's just all right). Nothing he writes here should be taken as an indication that he knows anything about anything.

1. Avatar dhex

i gotta say my reaction to nothing is basically the same as thor dude in that first video.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to dhex

That bad, huh? Had you heard them already? What is it that bugs ya?Report

• Avatar dhex in reply to Glyph

he looks supremely unaffected about (:25 in). i felt a kinship.

i think this is sort of that thing like how you feel about a place to bury strangers. some things don’t need to be carbon copied so listlessly. the drummer does seem like he’s having a really great time.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Glyph

The bassist is wearing a Deep Wound t-shirt. *I’m* nearly too young to know who Deep Wound were. How does he?!

I do really like the Nothing record and EP a lot (great tones, and the songs actually have hooks, which sometimes get forgotten in the genre), but I found some live recordings (including a KEXP one) and….yeesh. Guitars still sounded good but they gotta work on those live vocals, shoegaze or no.Report

2. Avatar Burt Likko

In Shakespeare’s day, “nothing” was a slang term for a woman’s, um, ladyparts. (“Ho, Horatio, what have your fingers been in?” “Why, nothing, my lord!”)

Just some trivia for you there.Report

3. Avatar aaron david

@glyph
    So, my son gave me a list of bands that he has been listening to over the last year, and he described a few as shoegazzy. So as I go through the list, this made me think of you:

4. Avatar greginak

The Glasgow band sounds good. I’ve been listening to some Flying Saucer Attack and the new Mogwai, so some more noise like that would fit.Report