An Unmerry Christmas

Will Truman

Will Truman is the Editor-in-Chief of Ordinary Times. He is also on Twitter.

1. Avatar zic says:

Oh Will. I’m profoundly sorry for Clancy. For you and Lain, too.

Your mother. Make her useful; put her to work, tell her you need her. If there’s one sliver of potential joy here, perhaps it will in helping her move beyond something judgmental. I wish it so, with all my hedgewitch heart.Report

2. Avatar greginak says:

Sorry to hear about all that Will. The intertoobz are great for many things, like sending good thoughts and well wishes, but that doesn’t get the baby changed or the house cleaned. For as good as xmas can be, it can also be a massive pain the rump when something like this comes up. Keep on chugging and you’ll get through this anti-merry situation. Best wishes.Report

3. Avatar James Hanley says:

So sorry for Clancy, Will. If wishes from the community of virtual friends means anything to her, tell her we’re wishing for a speedy recovery.Report

4. Avatar Michael Cain says:

I’m so sorry to hear this. Broken patellas can be enormously frustrating, depending on how long things are immobilized and the follow-up physical therapy. Hopefully this will be a straightforward case.Report

5. Avatar LeeEsq says:

I’m sorry that you, Clancy, and Lain have to go through this on the holidays.Report

6. Avatar aaron david says:

Well, here’s hoping that it gets better soon. Happy Xmas Will.Report

7. Avatar North says:

Deep hope that things improve bud. All the best.Report

8. Avatar Jaybird says:

Good luck in the coming days/weeks/months. Man, that’s rough.Report

9. Avatar Chris says:

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I hope the recovery is swift and as painless as possible, in every way.Report

10. Avatar Gabriel Controy says:

Sorry to hear about all this. Please accept my best wishes.Report

11. Avatar Glyph says:

Oof. That sucks. One day you’ll both look back on this and laugh. But right now you’ll just want to smack anyone who tells you that.

Take care.Report

12. Avatar James K says:

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes Will.Report

13. Avatar Saul Degraw says:

Ooof. That’s horrible. Speedy recovery to Clancy and hopefully she can see Lain soon again.Report

14. Avatar Mike Schilling says:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Clancy.Report

15. Avatar Tod Kelly says:

Oy, poor Clancy. That’s terrible, Will. I hope she recovers quickly and that you have as stressless time helping her convalesce as possible.

FWIW, I would take things like get the house looking perfect for your parents off your mental To Do list. They will understand, and will want to pitch in and help with stuff like that when they get there. (Parents get stressed out if they can’t do *something* to help when the kids are having problems.)

Mostly, though, I’m just wanting to send the three of you hopes and prayers.Report

16. Avatar Patrick says:

Everything everybody else already said.

Damaged lower limbs *suck*. Impaired mobility is a wretched curse, even when it is only temporary. Hang tight.Report

17. Avatar Stillwater says:

Sorry to hear about Clancy. That sucks. (And what’s up with the nurse berating her for toughin it out?)

About the house and “the way you live” stuff, man, I’m *really* sorry about that. A broken knee cap will heal and get better, but judgment from your parents lasts a lifetime.Report

18. Avatar Maribou says:

I’ve been thinking about you all since you posted this. Hope things are going okay and that the family turns out to be more help than drain.

*hugs*Report

19. Avatar Will Truman says:

Clancy is finally home from the hospital. Less pain, can’t walk yet, but they say she should be able to work again in a week.Report