Nighttime!

Glyph

Glyph is worse than some and better than others. He believes that life is just one damned thing after another, that only pop music can save us now, and that mercy is the mark of a great man (but he's just all right). Nothing he writes here should be taken as an indication that he knows anything about anything.

1. Avatar Slade the Leveller says:

Spinning the new Gruff Rhys album as I write. Listening party on the 28th? Who made your eardrums bleed?Report

• Avatar aaron david says:

I could most likely do a listening party on the 28th!Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

Yeah, let’s do listening party. The last couple months have been crazy and it kind of fell by the wayside.

Can’t remember if we ever talked about this, but did you like that Neon Neon record (Stainless Style, the John DeLorean concept album) Gruff Rhys did with Boom Bip? They did a second one too ( I never really listened to it), but I thought that first one was way better than it had any right to be. That was the first music post I ever did here.

Last night I saw [REDACTED]. I misplaced my earplugs during my office relocation and didn’t look too hard for them before the show; I didn’t really notice how loud it was until I left, and my ears were ringing BAD. The right one still feels weird today.

I’ve been revisiting old Modest Mouse for some reason today.

2. Avatar aaron david says:

Right now listening to CongoNorville – The Dope,The Lies, The Vasaline:

3. Avatar Jaybird says:

I’ve been listening to the following:

I suppose you can be forgiven for saying “they’re all the same freakin, song, Jaybird.”Report

• Avatar Glyph says:

Man, I had totally forgotten that Beloved song.

I remembered the video though.Report

• Avatar Jaybird says:

The college station was playing it the other day. I giggled naughtily to myself (well, more of a “huh huh huh huh”) despite the fact that I was the only one in the car and, as a matter of fact, was of legal age to watch whatever the heck I wanted.

The song remained stuck in my head. Then the thought niggled: it might just be a good song anyway.Report