It’s All Part Of My Football Fantasy

Burt Likko

Pseudonymous Portlander. Homebrewer. Atheist. Recovering Republican. Recovering Catholic. Recovering divorcé. Editor-in-Chief Emeritus of Ordinary Times. Relapsed Lawyer, admitted to practice law (under his real name) in California and Oregon. On Twitter, to his frequent regret, at @burtlikko. House Likko's Words: Scite Verum. Colite Iusticia. Vivere Con Gaudium.

1. Avatar Jaybird says:

I failed, badly, at the limericks last year.

I blame Annapolis.

I teeter between trying again or falling back into Haiku mode.Report

2. Avatar Jaybird says:

One thing I remember from last year that I didn’t like was that we had one RB and three (!) WRs and one flex.

Could we do two, two, and one this year?Report

• Avatar Burt Likko says:

You say that like there’s a surplus of running backs worth having out there.Report

• Avatar Slade the Leveller says:

Yeah, no joke! Perhaps, however, we could add some D players and count defensive stats. I’ve been in a league where sacks and picks were point accumulating events. Just my $.02 worth.Report

• Avatar Burt Likko says:

Here’s what I’m thinking:

QB – RB – WR1 – WR2 – TE – Flex1 – Flex2 – K – DEF. If you want to play three or even four WR’s, go for it. Two or even three RB’s, have at it. If you’re not really interested in, you know, winning, you can play up to three tight ends.

I hear two requests for moving the draft to Sunday evening. But so far we’ve only 5 out of 16 people signed up, so I want to wait a bit and see what others prefer. There is no single time that will please everyone.Report

3. Avatar Kazzy says:

Is it at all possible to tweak the day/time? Mid-day on a Saturday is difficult.Report

4. Avatar Dman says:

I am in and looking forward to it. If people were okay with it last year, I will continue the Week in Review.Report

5. Avatar ScarletNumbers says:

When William Shatner hosted SNL in 1986, he performed in a sketch that is known as the “Get a Life” sketch.

Here is a clip from E! about that sketch:

YouTubeReport