Saturday!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Burt Likko says:

I’m playing “mid-forties career and identity crisis” with the “current job stress” mod pack, so that’s why I haven’t been writing or commenting much recently. Your game sounds like it’s a lot more fun.Report

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Saul Degraw says:

4-5-6-7 all good cretins go to heaven.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Glyph says:

@glyph

I hope it look like Rockaway Beach.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Glyph says:

@glyph

Too bad we never got to see them at CBGBs…

• Avatar Glyph in reply to Glyph says:

Yesterday I both A.) had “The KKK Took My Baby Away” come up on shuffle while I was mowing and was remembering how much I love that song (although, that one’s post-Tommy), and B.) linked a Tim track (which he produced – not very well, unfortunately) in that FNV post.

My question is, what were they all exposed to? Dee Dee was the druggie of the group, the rest of them didn’t even really go in for booze (let alone harder drugs), and AFAIK weren’t known as smokers…so what? How’d three of them go by cancer? Secondhand smoke from club gigs? General environmental toxins in Queens? @dhex dosed them with illicitly-obtained KGB chemicals? Basement glue-sniffing?

I dunno if I’d have wanted to see them in CBGB’s, that place smelled like a urinal when I visited it.

I got to see them once and it was a good show, except for my friend getting beaten up by a cop and arrested for no good reason.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Glyph says:

@glyph

There are superfund sites all over NYC.

I think smelling like a urinal was part of CBGBs “charm”. There are old bars in SF with a similar sort of “charm”. I wonder if Zeitgeist was around when Hanley and wife were here. I will have to ask.

Now CBGBs is a John Varvatos store. Though the area still contains the great New York Theatre Workshop and Theatre for the New City, is a lot more bougie then when the Ramones were cutting their teeth at CBGBs.Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Glyph says:

It is very strange to think that he was only five and six years younger than my parents. I always thought my parents as being too old to be punks. They were in their young 20s in the Hippie period. Amazing what a difference 5 years can make.Report

2. Does anyone have some good recommendations for puzzley Android smartphone games that meet the following criteria:

(a) One-handed. Angry birds, for example, is really hard to pull off with one hand.

(b) Not time-dependent. I would prefer not time limits or something that demands my absolute attention. Temple Run is fun, but runs into problems here.

I’m on level 112 of 120 of Meon and it’s taking me longer and longer to figure out the puzzlesReport