Hilarious

Patrick

Patrick is a mid-40 year old geek with an undergraduate degree in mathematics and a master's degree in Information Systems. Nothing he says here has anything to do with the official position of his employer or any other institution.

1. Avatar Tod Kelly says:

That IS hilarious.

Many, many, many years ago I used to work for Powell’s Books, and I was the guy who tracked down volumes we didn’t have in the store. I can’t tell you how many conversations with customers started out something like,

“I”m looking for a mystery book. I can’t remember the title, but I think the authors name starts with an S? There’s a woman on the cover. Do you know it?”Report

• Avatar Saul Degraw in reply to Tod Kelly says:

If you know the guy, I have some requests and know the titles 🙂Report

• Avatar Patrick in reply to Tod Kelly says:

There’s a Facebook group called “Adult Nerdfighters” where every once in a while someone posts, “I’m looking for a book or a short story, I can’t remember the name, but *blah* *foo* *bar*”

So far I’ve seen six of these posts, and twice I knew what the book or story was (the book was Craig Shaw Gardner’s Dragon Cycle trilogy and the story was one of Alan Dean Fosters’s)Report

2. Avatar Burt Likko says:

I’m sure that when the Elder Gods return, they’ll slay the book store employees first, as a demonstration of their gratitude for the prompt and friendly customer service.Report

3. Avatar greginak says:

“The Great Cthulu asked about another book. It’s about vampires in PNW. It’s called Dusk or something like that and has a chick in it. Do you have that one?”Report

4. Avatar aaron david says:

What makes it truly funny is the Calvino…Report

5. Avatar Kazzy says:

What’s a Cthulhu? Is he one of the soccer players?Report

6. Avatar Aaron david says:

Played for Ghana.Report

7. He looked into congregation members giving cash “love offerings” to the bishop on top of their tithes.”There’s nothing wrong with anybody being wealthy,” Grassley said. “It’s how have you gotten there?”In June,, Long told his congregation that New Birth is audited every year,, but he refused Channel 2’s requests to provide copies. Some 65% of NFL players are black. Cooper spends endless hours hunkered down with his African American teammates,, in confined spaces like the locker room,, film roomsReport