Weekend!

Jaybird

1. Avatar Glyph

Tonight: Listening! Party! Listening! Party!

(to all – it’s not too late to get an invite – drop a line in comments if you want one!)

Tomorrow: Kid-care all day. With a probable hangover.

Please, run with those scissors more quietly, children.Report

2. Avatar Reformed Republican

Tonight: Listening! Party! Listening! Party!

I have more than one beer to drink this time.

Tomorrow I go see Godzilla.

Sunday night is WWE Payback.

Scattered in between will be chores and some yardwork.Report

3. Avatar Chris

We’re going to Houston tomorrow. I worked getting lost 6 times into our itinerary, but I’m not sure that is enough.Report

4. Avatar veronica dire

Tonight, dancing and partying with the girls. Tomorrow, math. Sunday, more math, plus I’m going to this “masculine burlesque” show in the evening, which I think will be mostly trans dudes or something. But anyway, I think this girl I want to see will be there.Report

5. Avatar Maribou

I had a counselling appointment today. First time I’ve ever gone to a counselor willingly. (I had bad experiences with state-sponsored “family therapy” as a kid and counselors who made our abusive situation worse instead of better.) So that was progress of some kind, although I don’t really want to talk about it (PLEASE don’t congratulate me, although expressions of sympathy are fine), I just wanted to share that I am going to try it, even though it is really hard. I have 2 more appointments scheduled. We’ll see how it goes.

Tonight will be porch sitting and/or sitting near the porch, inside, listening to the rain. Tomorrow we are going to a movie and probably doing some chores or errands. Sunday I work a full day. Monday I don’t work, and I am planning on being a blob.Report

• Avatar zic in reply to Maribou

Good for you, @maribou

Remember: if it’s a discomfort, it’s okay to say, “Counsellor A is not a good match for me, sensitive flower that I am. I’m going to try for a better match.” Like anti-depressant medications, sometimes the first doesn’t work.

Hoping there’s fireflies to watch while porch sitting!Report

• Avatar Maribou in reply to zic

Oh, yes. I actually already have 2 potential “backup plan” counselors picked out and have pinky-sworn myself that I can bail at any time. I’ve made it this far through what is now a most excellent life without any professional help; I am just slowly starting to believe, as opposed to intellectually acknowledge, that I shouldn’t necessarily *have* to keep doing so.

Sadly we have no fireflies. But we do have evening-singing birds, and stars.Report

• Avatar zic in reply to zic

That is awesome.

I’ve been thinking we should start a Jo Clayton book group; read her book and some of her recommendations, and wanting to ask what you thought of the notion, so considered yourself asked. Folks could read her book, or just read some of the recommended books that struck their fancy.Report

• Avatar Mike Schilling in reply to zic

Which book is that?Report

• Avatar Maribou in reply to zic

🙂 I think zic means Jo Walton (Jo Clayton being a different awesome) and I’m positing that she’s talking about the book of (mostly) encomiums titled What Makes This Book So Great.

zic, I think that’s a fine idea but I wasn’t actually planning to embark on my own reread/exploration for a good long while. One of the side effects of just finishing school is that I am averse to deadlines and timings and all that stuff. Also I just ordered about 30 teen-girl-aimed novels and comic books from my various libraries.

If you all do something I will no doubt happily read and occasionally chime in (albeit with spoiler avoidance) though.Report

• Avatar zic in reply to zic

Sigh. Why is Clayton stuck in my head?

Yes.Report

6. Avatar morat20

So, for reasons I’m not getting fully into — I get to hire my VERY first lawyer next week, so my weekend will be me finishing up the “filling out some fun documents the lawyer wants before we meet” that involve the specifics of my problem.

I suspect by the time the summer is done I’m going to need a home security system (with cameras) and a restraining order, because someone closely related to me decided to date a crazy person.

Freaking teenagers.Report

7. Avatar Miss Mary

Leaguefest! My feet already hurt from exploring DC and I haven’t even met up with everyone yet! 🙂Report

8. Avatar LeeEsq